Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could anyone recommend any decent knee protection, i want some moveability. And nothing that's crap, personally thinking of 661's d30 knee guards.Anything would be helpful, the reason wearing knee guards is that i'll be snowboarding for a very long time and don't want injurys holding myself back.

Thanks

·
Registered
80 Posts
I went with TSG Kneeguard – Big bear after some issues with knee (no damage, some sort of fatigue resulted in pain and discomfort after couple hard ride days). I like them for keeping my knees warm, supporting them (major feature wear them for) and being adjustable (you can take out from front “pocket” plastic plate to make them softer if you’re not planning to go park).

·
Registered
143 Posts
VolleyBall knee pads are decent, a bit bulky imo, had a pair from walmart.

Ive been using the BlackDiamond knee pads for a while now. Slim profile, straps on and off easy, saved my knees a number of times on hardpack and ICE.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I use a pair of Mizuno low profile volleyball knee pads. They are the only things I've found that would comfortably fit around my meaty thighs and calves without cutting off circulation, and I don't like the feeling of hard knee pads like you would use for rollerblading.

I think they're VS-1's... MIZUNO CANADA VOLLEYBALL PRODUCT "VS-1 KNEEPAD UNISEX" They're slim, and the padding wraps around to both the medial and lateral sides of the knee. Some medial padding was important for me on days I ride duck, as the interior of the knee is more exposed in case you fall. That's the soft and thus painful part to injure. :p

·
Registered
190 Posts
VolleyBall knee pads are decent, a bit bulky imo, had a pair from walmart.

Ive been using the BlackDiamond knee pads for a while now. Slim profile, straps on and off easy, saved my knees a number of times on hardpack and ICE.

+1 for the Blackdiamond...tough as nail...much better than standard volleyball knee pads, saved me couple of times when I landed hard on ice or off a box

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
The Under Armor ones are made from pretty much the same gel material that you find in soft ankle straps like the Rome 390's

Soft, not bulky, and they don't move around. And a hell of a lot cheaper then other knee pads that aren't shit

My girl uses em.. For some reason I've never had a single issue with hitting my knees. But I am well over 6' tall so maybe my physics are a bit different then others

N

·
0 Posts
R.E.D protection knee pads are great. I used them for the past 3 years and they've held up great. I'm in the park a lot (70% of the time) and I've had my fair share of falls and haven't had a problem with them. The only downside is price. It's pricey at 60 bucks, but if you can pick them up on sale it's definitely worth it.

S

·
0 Posts
+3 for Black Diamonds
+4 here.. I fell hard on ice last season & busted my knee bad enough that it still hurts now when it rains. Got the Telekneesis thing and aside from the straps irritating my skin if I don't wear a layer underneath, they're awesome.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts