Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I landed straight on the deck of the jump I was doing. It was a 30 footer so i had some good speed and came down hard. After that my lower back hurt like crazy. What happened? How do I recover? How long will it take?

Thanks guys,

·
Registered
9 Posts
Go See A Chiro!!!

Hey Skylar, not anyone on this forum will be able to tell you what is wrong with your back. It could something as simple and minor as a bruise to something much worse (worst?). Having said that, no one on this forum can possibly tell you how long it will take to recover or the proper recovery procedures. Go to your local ER/Clinic/Chiropractor! And please don't downplay this injury!

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
Does it still hurt??? If so, /\ agree. It could be a fractured vertebrae, your hips out of alignment, just sore from the impact/jar effect.
I live and die by my chiropractor.
Depending when this happened, the pain associated with it and if it is starting to get better or worse. Only you can judge this and never dismiss medical attention. If all is good a simple co-pay and your just a little sore. If not you could do more damage by not seeing a doctor.

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
keep an eye on it bro, look at the member "Karasene" she went down, had a pain in her neck, didnt realize til next day it was a fractured vert in her neck.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys for the responces. It has gotten much better. Last night I heated then cooled it and then stretched. 100x better.

I understand that you guys couldnt give me an exact time to recover, I was just looking for an estimate. Thanks anyways.

It turned out to be nothing too serrious after all.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Today I saw a guy who wasn't so lucky. He was hitting the kicker line all morning no problem. Then halfway through the day it started snowing. The new snow slowed us all down and on one of the runs, on the the third and last 50 foot jump, he didn't make it over the knuckle. I'll let your imagination do the rest. He was snowmobiled off the mountain...

I hope he recovers fully and soon.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Today I saw a guy who wasn't so lucky. He was hitting the kicker line all morning no problem. Then halfway through the day it started snowing. The new snow slowed us all down and on one of the runs, on the the third and last 50 foot jump, he didn't make it over the knuckle. I'll let your imagination do the rest. He was snowmobiled off the mountain...

I hope he recovers fully and soon.
yea positive vibes there for sure :thumbsup:...when i know im gonna come up short and catch the knuckle I try to brace as much of the impact as I can with my knees so its not as jarring all at once (think of like catching an egg without trying to break it)

...easier said than done and having strong legs is something that ive noticed has helped me alot in these kinda situations...doing squats, leg press, and core exercises can really help you on the mountain ive found

1 - 12 of 12 Posts