Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to fill up my "short fat powder" slot in my quiver. I'm down to these two for float but maximum abilities for all over the resort.

Anyone have any feedback on these two?

·
Registered
387 Posts
Isn’t this more of a preferred riding style question? I don’t immediately see those boards as comparable, but welcome input on why they are. Both are powder oriented of course, but are they truly similar?

·
Registered
254 Posts
Didn't like the hr?
It only arrived last week! What I meant is that, on paper, they seem similar having a softer flex than most short fat boards, so that woukd be my choice of the two. Nevertheless I am surprised at just how easy the torsional flex is, as well as for easy float I bought it for slower tight turning. Ten months until I find out if I made the right choice.

·
Registered
54 Posts
The dart is an aggressive camber board with a very fat nose. I tried the 156 for several days and for me it felt too aggressive (I'm spoiled and more used to boards with long rocketed nose now). It had decent float during a deep day at steamboat. I tried the 148 backlash for one day at Jackson Hole during an amazing day at Jackson Hole and it was incredibly fun, had no issues floating and it handled well when the trails got bumpy. I am 175 lbs, tried both centered stance.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have a 2020 Back/Slash 148. No powder days on it. Just slush, firm groomers, and everything in between the two. I wanted a party board for messing around with nose butters, tail wheelies, and slashes. The flex is medium with decent torsional give for the width. Toe side turns took some work at first, but I moved the stance 0.5" back from "center" and it's much better now. Stance is at 20.75" 12,-12. The sidecut is tight, but not hooky. I have never had a board turn as well heelside. I suggest a binding that delivers good power to the edges.

I hate leaving it at home and bring it almost every day as a 2nd board. It's good for warming up on firm conditions, and its just as fun during slushy afternoons. It makes haggered mini pipes fun again.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Sounds like Burton Genesis X would be the call?
I have not ridden any modern Burton bindings, so I cannot comment on the GenX. But from what I hear, that binding would be plenty. My Union Forces with Forma ankle straps get the job done. It's all about leverage on wide boards. Run the ankle straps in the highest position and experiment with forward lean.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts