Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
i rly like carving on groomers and trying to polish my intermediate S carves, esp on toe edge. also want a POW board to complement my jones mountain twin.. otherwise was just checking out a jones hovercraft that's on sale, seem pretty sweet too :)
I haven't tried the Hovercraft, but it looks like a really nice board. Nideckers are also very nice and can usually be found at great prices.

If you haven't given up un Korua after the replies in this thread I'd still send them an email. They would give you advice on your weight and maybe there's a way you could demo a board somewhere. I own a Pencil + and a Bullet Train and they are my favorite boards. The Pencil has a very nice shape and sidecut and it is so much fun turning. Great in powder as well.

There are of course lots of other boards out there that would also work.

·
Registered
95 Posts
A 154 Dart could really be your thing. Its the most mellow in their line and much more capable on groomers than its tail would let you think. With the added benefit of being a POW board. Dart + mountain twin would make an excellent quiver of boards with a wide range, but very different feel. By the way, the pencil also has more rocker in the nose than the café racer, not just a different tail.

You could also look at the Nidecker Area, for something shreddy and carvy. It's quite "beginner" friendly—I mean if your are beginning to scrap your elbows!—and fun. They use it a lot in the slice & dice serie, which leaves quite some room for progression despite being a "beginner" board ;)
I personally don’t think the Dart works that well carving in comparison to the Pencil and the CR. The pencil in my opinion is more of an all mountain board fun in pretty much all conditions so if you’re looking for such a board might be worth considering.

Id however trust @Yeahti87 if his experience (or his mates‘ experience) is that the K2s worked better for intermediate riders. I usually like stiffer boards with focus on carves and off piste (I.e. love the Koruas) but the SP and/or NP are very intriguing. Thinking of getting one next year to try, although the SP as far as I’m aware won’t be continued. So better hurry up if that’s what you wanted to go for 😉

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
thanks for all the replies! I decided Korua is probably a bit out of my skill range and a 30% off hovercraft was a good deal I couldn't miss. XD

probably still need to get my skill level to advance to truly ride the hovercraft then hopefully Korua comes out with a shorter Cafe Racer XD

21 - 24 of 24 Posts