Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
I actually can't wait till it gets to fall and everyone goes inside, gonna have all the bike trails to myself!

·
Super Moderator
6,352 Posts
I feel like 90% of the active threads right now are Zombie threads...wtf is going on lately?
Two things cause zombie revivals:

1. New members whose 'latest posts' is empty because they haven't been here long enough, so they go through the forum listings and don't notice the date on the last post. (maybe 1/3)
2. Spammers who post some empty reply ("Me too. I really like them!") to an interesting looking thread, with the idea that they'll go back in a day or three and edit their post to include a spam link. I quite enjoy waiting until they make their move and them banning them before anyone can even see it. (that's maybe 2/3)

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Two things cause zombie revivals:

1. New members whose 'latest posts' is empty because they haven't been here long enough, so they go through the forum listings and don't notice the date on the last post. (maybe 1/3)
2. Spammers who post some empty reply ("Me too. I really like them!") to an interesting looking thread, with the idea that they'll go back in a day or three and edit their post to include a spam link. I quite enjoy waiting until they make their move and them banning them before anyone can even see it. (that's maybe 2/3)
I see a fair bit of these 1st time fly in fly out posters asking for SBF advice about a board/gear etc but they seem pretty articulate with their terminology. Is this legit or are they trying some kind of scam here.

We live in a World full of corruption???

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Actually, when you post a reply, you get automatic suggestions of similar threads (Recommended reading) that are 10 years old. That could be a source of necromancy.

61 - 70 of 70 Posts