Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Spent easter weekend checking out the La Sals in SE utah. They are a nice change up from the wasatch and a really cool range over all.

Did a whole lot of this :

about 8000 ft above the desert...

For a little of this:

bonus red rock pic.

·
Veteran Member
11,555 Posts
The La Sal's are a pretty amazing range. Looks like a nice trip. Might have to go camping down there in a couple of weeks and try it out first hand.

·
Veteran Member
11,555 Posts
I've been to Arches. It has also been awhile since I have gone down there. Last time was on a climbing trip about 15 years ago. That sandstone does not inspire confidence for big guys like me is about all I know. Soffffft rock...

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think backpacking in the LaSals would be a great idea. Setting up a base camp would really optimize your turn to earn ratio. The approaches were relatively long and we had to skin out to exit. It would be nice to camp somewhere like this.

Ive wanted to hit these desert ranges for a while but its so hard to leave the easy access and great snow of SLC. The Henrys are actually next on the list for me. I have the next couple weeks off so Im gonna try to explore more of this states mountains.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts