Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey

Im looking for a large backpack (55lt or more) that will carry a board. Id prefer the board to be carried vertical. I have search all over the place, no joy.
Anyone come across one?

Charlie

·
Veteran Member
11,555 Posts
55 liters is huge. What are you doing? Snow camping? Hut trip? And where?

Carrying your boatd on that for any extended period of time is going to suck, a lot. Especially is you traveling below treeline and the trees get dense at any point.

A split might be something you want to look into.

I do have a 55 I use for hut trips and backpacking. It is the Osprey Switch 55+5. The design allows you to pull off a daypack or even just a hydration pack. Great for hut trips and snow camps where you are looking for lap runs. They don't make that pack anymore. If you can find one in condition on eBay, I'd recommend snapping it up.

It does have a board carry that works just how you want.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
I can fit enough gear for a weeks camping in my 49l dakine guide pack. It has vertical carry and also A frame carry for a split with binding attached in tour mode

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey, thanks.
No - I have no intention of riding with it. It's to between bases on approach skis with my overnight kit.
I'll look out for the osprey but if anyone's got any ideas on a current backpack that would be sweet.

·
Veteran Member
11,555 Posts
Ugh, still carrying that board on your back. Diy splits work surprisingly well and will take 8-10lbs off of your kit. Just saying.

I haven't really looked at packs of that size as of late. ETM is right but that might be a little tight if you are touring spot to spot for any length of time.

Osprey makes great packs overall so you probably should look at their current line. Their winged compression system usually works great for carrying boards vertically.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks ETM but i think 55lt is as low as I can go ideally I want 70 but beggars cant be choosers right!
:) sorry approach skis all the way for me!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts