Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if any companies have surpassed the size (peripheral / spherical) of the APX, Fishbowl, EG2. Frameless now seems to be a trend. Has anyone tried Zeal Level's or Salomon X-Max series?

·
Registered
545 Posts
i havent tried the zeal levels but ive heard that they have the biggest range of view out of all commercially made goggles. the apx appears big from the outside but once u put them on u will realize that in order for them to be frameless, the padding sits behind the lens on the inside of the goggles and in a sense restricts ur view (if that makes sense). same goes for smith I/Ox. in my experience out of the goggles ive tried on, i find the eg2 have the most peripheral view. i plan on buying a pair of oakley canopy's for this season though because oakleys optics and vision cannot be beat.

·
Premium Member
7,585 Posts
I love eg2's. I have used all the goggles listed above and still go back to the eg2. The closest peripheral I have found to them is the quicksilver Hubble.

·
Registered
271 Posts
On a somewhat related note would you go for the smith i/ox or the oakley airbrake? What in the oakley line is comparable to smith i/ox? I am looking for something that will not fog, has large peripheral, and comes with multiple lenses (sunny and flat light).

·
Premium Member
7,585 Posts
If you fog really easy get the smith iox with fan. That or the iox has better peri than the air brakes. I have a pair of airbrakes that got worn once and ow sit in the box on the shelf. Gonna five them to my sons coach this year.

Try them both on and see for yourself!

·
Registered
9,295 Posts
On a somewhat related note would you go for the smith i/ox or the oakley airbrake? What in the oakley line is comparable to smith i/ox? I am looking for something that will not fog, has large peripheral, and comes with multiple lenses (sunny and flat light).
Anon M2 yoooooooo

·
Banned!
7,679 Posts
I like my Optic Nerve Boreas gogs alot. Not the biggest maybe but frameless, super soft (easy to change) and really fit great with my helmet. (Bern Watts)

·
Registered
10,669 Posts
I haven't tried the Smith fan series, but I'm a human heater and I can't find a pair of goggles or sunglasses that don't fog after about 100 yards of skinning. I might have to try those fan goggles.

·
Banned!
7,679 Posts
i have heard that the turbo fan is a bunch of broke ass gimicky bullshit, fwiw. (and I believe it)

·
Banned!
7,679 Posts
EG2's are supposed to have a really good wide field of view, right?
They do indeed. Even the 2.5's which are slightly smaller provide a big view. I had both pairs before I switched to my current Optic Nerve's, I just couldn't get the Electrics to make friends with a helmet and my massive dome (no fault of the gogs, my head is like trying to put helmet and gogs on a beer fridge)

·
Super Moderator
6,327 Posts
They do indeed. Even the 2.5's which are slightly smaller provide a big view. I had both pairs before I switched to my current Optic Nerve's, I just couldn't get the Electrics to make friends with a helmet and my massive dome (no fault of the gogs, my head is like trying to put helmet and gogs on a beer fridge)
Hm. I love everything about my Oakley Airbrakes except the field of view. I might have to switch.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Before you get ones that are reputable for not fogging go to a shop and try some on, the worst thing is having goggles that don't fit right but you have to wear them for 8 hours. Only reason i suggest that is because i ordered oakleys specifically for the the lens quality and they were just not that comfortable. I used eg2's before and never had a problem with fogging.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts