Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for the low-def very truncated gif my buddy sent me so it could be sent via text. I should have better footage in a day or two when he manages to send me the original files....

Last time I did those was in the pipe in 2007-8 I think. Big air: probably '98 - '99...

Sure, by today's standards it's not gonna be impressive for most but dang it I'm still proud as hell.

Yesterday was the day, riding with my son. I sat down on 1 of the 8 I did (the 3rd), the rest were landed perfectly. It's been a while since I got so pumped riding the jump line.

Got another spring day to ride today, let's see what happens...

Carnivore Snow Slope Tree Freezing

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm impressed, looks good too
Don't worry about the low-def GIF. I think it looks wonderful!
Sick as fuck
Very flattered by your comments. Thank you gentlemen!

As it turns out, I did a few of them today and slightly under-rotated one at the end of the day, which stretched my left calf ridiculously upon landing. I managed to ride down the hill but it was hard as F. Thought my achilles was snapped but just a tear in the muscle and definitely not that bad.
Should delay the start of the road bike season by a week or two.
I got lucky...

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Very flattered by your comments. Thank you gentlemen!

As it turns out, I did a few of them today and slightly under-rotated one at the end of the day, which stretched my left calf ridiculously upon landing. I managed to ride down the hill but it was hard as F. Thought my achilles was snapped but just a tear in the muscle and definitely not that bad.
Should delay the start of the road bike season by a week or two.
I got lucky...
Still worth it man 👏

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Glad to see you getting after it. I’ll be honest I don’t have the wherewithal for much past straight airs and drops anymore. Good to see you representing for us old guys.

Side note speaking of old guys getting after it have you guys seen the Tony hawk biopic? It would be great to see a version representing snowboarding

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Glad to see you getting after it. I’ll be honest I don’t have the wherewithal for much past straight airs and drops anymore. Good to see you representing for us old guys.

Side note speaking of old guys getting after it have you guys seen the Tony hawk biopic? It would be great to see a version representing snowboarding
Haven't seen it yet but I want to. Would be great but who would you pick? As an oldie I'd like to have it be a mix of:
Damian Sanders
Jeff Brushie
John Cardiel
Terje
Kevin Jones
and I assume a bunch of others...
Forgot to ask, when should we expect to see an nft of your gif?
Ha! Did I say I'm old? What's an Nft?? (Kiddin')

·
Premium Member
2,781 Posts

Check out the Powder and Rails series, made by Vice, it's all on Youtube now.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Honestly, that looks pretty damn awesome!

I'm right there with you in the age department, so I get super stoked seeing stuff like this.

I've been limiting my spins to 3's lately, but after seeing this, 540's are now back on the table!

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Honestly, that looks pretty damn awesome!

I'm right there with you in the age department, so I get super stoked seeing stuff like this.

I've been limiting my spins to 3's lately, but after seeing this 540'sare now back on the table!
Ah! 3's have always be my default spin trick but the 5s have been nagging me for a year, maybe two. Glad I have them back but who knows, maybe these will be my last (hopefully not). I'm not gonna push them when I'm not comfortable...

1 - 20 of 65 Posts