Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, heading up to Jay peak for the first time in a week and from what i hear, it's going to be very cold. For the most part I have layering down, I have a solid base layer and jacket. I'm just wondering what to go with in between? Like I'm trying to decide what fleece to get, like for example what brands are good? Right now I'm looking at the north face and mountain hardwear. I don't really care about names I just want a warm and comfy midlayer that keeps me comfy ha. Thanks for the help.

·
Premium Member
3,553 Posts
If you dont care about names then go with EMS gear...they make the exact same fleece (weight and style) as Northface without the price tag.

·
Registered
446 Posts
get a hard shell type jacket maybe if its really cold and windy, I have had aweomse experiences with it. Else: Gay biker top thats skin tight, then slim fit fleece thats thin, then baggy heavy fleece then baggy tshirt then jacket. You want air between the layers. Name brand stuff is way over rated, but for the tight gay first layer (If thats you), I'd not take the cheapest option. The Addidas compression stuff wicks pretty nice ymmv.

Close the snow catcher thingy and the top of your jacket tight, duh...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts