Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

So I just went to a snowboard shop on Colorado and we got my girlfriend her first snowboard. She is a beginner for sure. She has had one lesson but has shown good progress. She is able to mostly do big wide turns, no carving really. She can brake heel side and toe side pretty well. Based off this, we decided to buy her her own gear.

We got her a Capita Space Metal Fantasy board, Union Legacy bindings, and K2 Contour boots (sized by a boot fitter). She is 5'7" tall, and 135 pounds. Size 8 boot.

I had read tons of good things about the Capita Space Metal Fantasy. I asked the snowboard shop employee if he thought it would be a good board to learn on, and he said absolutely. He noted that although it is known as a park board, it has a soft flex which would work well for mastering turns and the basics.

I am reading online how this is really a true park board though. Did we screw up by buying her this board? Just wanted to get your guys opinion on the matter.

Thanks!

·
Registered
976 Posts
She should be fine. My girlfriend is a pretty damn good snowboarder (better than me). She has a few boards and the space metal fantasy is one of them. She also has a Jess Kimura pro model which she prefers but she can ride the space metal fantasy on pretty much anything from groomers to park to trees. I don't think it will hold your girlfriend back.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
She should be fine. My girlfriend is a pretty damn good snowboarder (better than me). She has a few boards and the space metal fantasy is one of them. She also has a Jess Kimura pro model which she prefers but she can ride the space metal fantasy on pretty much anything from groomers to park to trees. I don't think it will hold your girlfriend back.
Cool thanks! We will see how it goes.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I picked up a used a SMF for my gf who is also a beginner and she loves it. Her riding is geting better and better. Sure its not the best board for icy conditions but otherwise its great.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts