Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I haven't spent much time in a snowy climate, and was wondering, how do you protect your leather shoes from snow? More specifically, if I'm going to a nice restaurant at a ski resort at night, then I need to wear nice leather shoes. However, snow is bad for leather, so is there a special wax that I can coat my shoes with beforehand to protect them?

I'm sure any type of wax will help, but I was wondering if there's a particular type of wax I should use, or if there's a popular wax, that a lot of people tend to use for this?

·
2,316 Posts
You're a paying customer who's probably paying way too much for mediocre resort food - you don't "have" to wear anything. I also don't think snow is going to kill your dress/leisure shoes... it's really not that scary :dunno:

·
Premium Member
2,477 Posts
Sounds like you are more of a leather shoe expert then any of us. But I would guess any shoe grease stuff would work.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@hobo - staff/customers at fancy restaurants at ski resorts can sometimes be fickle, especially at night. I'd rather play it safe, and dress appropriately.

@freshy - yep, I'm looking for some good shoe grease stuff.

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
Yeah but it dries kind of hazy white like frosted glass, I know they are working on a fix for that but.
My bad, I guess I was just assuming the OP was wearing white leather shoes, because... Well, doesn't everybody?

:giggle::D

·
Premium Member
7,585 Posts
@hobo - staff/customers at fancy restaurants at ski resorts can sometimes be fickle, especially at night. I'd rather play it safe, and dress appropriately.

@freshy - yep, I'm looking for some good shoe grease stuff.
I'll go in any fancy restaurant here in my snowboar Attire. I don't give a duck what the other people think and none of the restaurants Care either. If I'm not in gear, im in jeans and a t-shirt with sorel shoes on

·
Registered
248 Posts
I'll go in any fancy restaurant here in my snowboar Attire. I don't give a duck what the other people think and none of the restaurants Care either. If I'm not in gear, im in jeans and a t-shirt with sorel shoes on
I love my Sorel Wool Caribou's it's like cozy slippers in the shape of a waterproof boot...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts