Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I get this private message this morning about someone needing people to fill out a survey for "coursework"...

Here goes my rant...

While I'm sure there are legitimate reasons for wanting to do some consumer research for school purposes, there are some that are obviously purely for the purpose of getting free ideas from consumers.

The survey this morning was asking me several detailed questions about what I look for in a sports camera from a girl named Beth. This survey sounds like someone who is trying to obtain free information for either a new camera line or a start-up company looking to get into the industry.

Why am I so bothered by this? Because it's one thing to be honest about your intentions and ask for my opinion, but it's a totally different matter to hide it by claiming it's "coursework".

Let's face it folks. These type of people are being intentionally deceptive to obtain free information for ideas from you, the rider, to make profits. The right way to do it is to either be honest, or at the very least offer you some incentive. So please, don't fall for these stupid things.

·
Registered
12,608 Posts
Why do you think I fill them out as fucked up. My guess is if it's the Beth I think it is she works with this new goggle/camera line I'll have to check my p.r. emails.

·
Premium Member
6,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just got annoyed that she has to lie about it being coursework.

I don't really care about incentives as I don't need them. But it would be nice for others. Also, just plain being honest about your intentions will likely get me to fill it out. Oh well, not everyone is fair I guess :dunno:

·
Registered
439 Posts
The only people who should get your honest opinion are people who are first honest with you

-fortune cookie (not really, but it could be)

·
Registered
65 Posts
I did fill in the form correctly. I think it's just for school uses because the amateur-level of the survey... If someone has business-plans based on results of this survey the only one who's getting f*cked is themselfs, as you will understand.

Problem is: The guy/girl didn't have any post history here, so these messages can get problematic when more and more people are going to use the forum such surveys etc. Can't be the meaning of this forum, but for this one time, what's the point?

·
Registered
649 Posts
sounds like u mad

1 - 8 of 8 Posts