Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
I'm going to have to agree with random hero here. Johny blaze would it change anything if his mom would of taken that exact money you guys gave her and used it for the car and then turned around and went to the bank and got out another X amount of money and gave it to her son for spending money? Just because it's easier for her to put it on a card or check and give him the cash already there doesn't make it yours since it's the same serial numbers. Just because he has a mom that is willing to help out does not mean he should have to spend more (mom giving him an allowance+you guys taking it=spending more money). Also I know for me any parent who was willing to put their name to something like renting a car, cabin, ect. was a saint, and generally my parents always got stuck with it. One time we went on a trip up to Big Bear and everyone was to give me the money when we got up there and then I give it back to my parents. However they decided to pay for my share of it. Should I have to give my friends some of my money since my parents helped me out?

I know I was always the one to book stuff, chip in a little extra here and there, pay for gas 99% of the time, buy most of the beer, ect. ect. From the sounds of it I can say that the reason I have gotten so stingy with my shit now is because of people like you guys who bitch about chipping in a few bucks for gas when that friend probably drives 99% of the time, will never reach out and pick up the remanding couple bucks on a check, never randomly just happen to have beer when coming over, ect. Start paying attention to who really puts out the extra money and then the few times they turn around and ask for a few bucks stop making a big deal out of it and making them seem like the ass hole (may be different cases but generally how it seems to work out).

·
Registered
290 Posts
I have to appologize for the stupid remarks I was making earlier. For some stupid reason I thought that guy that was bitching about his friends mom was the same one that started saying the Jew thing. I figured I'd throw it back in his face without even realizing that it wasn't even the same person who originally made that comment. One thing though, Jews aren't a race, they are a religion.

I know this doesn't make what I said alright and I'll do a better job of not making a fool of myself in future posts.

I'll still stick with what I said about rjattack19 being cheap and trying to live off of other peoples parents hard work though.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
One thing though, Jews aren't a race, they are a religion.
Part right, part wrong. They are commonly known as an ethnic group from thousands of centuries ago. They have a belief, but the term Jew is based on an ethnic group, not a religion.

·
Registered
626 Posts
I have to appologize for the stupid remarks I was making earlier. For some stupid reason I thought that guy that was bitching about his friends mom was the same one that started saying the Jew thing. I figured I'd throw it back in his face without even realizing that it wasn't even the same person who originally made that comment. One thing though, Jews aren't a race, they are a religion.

I know this doesn't make what I said alright and I'll do a better job of not making a fool of myself in future posts.

I'll still stick with what I said about rjattack19 being cheap and trying to live off of other peoples parents hard work though.
and i would like to stick with your an idiot and you dont know your ass from your elbow. im not cheap nor do i need my parents to pay for anything, it was my own hard earned money. yea believe it, some people actually work hard for their money and i just know when im getting screwed. there was no way that i was going to plan a trip give everybody free lift tickets and book the hotel on my credit card and then in turn hand my friend 100 bucks so that he could use it for his spending money. its because of low life scums like your self that we even have thread like these. people need to stop putting them selves infront of the people around them

·
Registered
626 Posts
I'm going to have to agree with random hero here. Johny blaze would it change anything if his mom would of taken that exact money you guys gave her and used it for the car and then turned around and went to the bank and got out another X amount of money and gave it to her son for spending money? Just because it's easier for her to put it on a card or check and give him the cash already there doesn't make it yours since it's the same serial numbers. Just because he has a mom that is willing to help out does not mean he should have to spend more (mom giving him an allowance+you guys taking it=spending more money). Also I know for me any parent who was willing to put their name to something like renting a car, cabin, ect. was a saint, and generally my parents always got stuck with it. One time we went on a trip up to Big Bear and everyone was to give me the money when we got up there and then I give it back to my parents. However they decided to pay for my share of it. Should I have to give my friends some of my money since my parents helped me out?

I know I was always the one to book stuff, chip in a little extra here and there, pay for gas 99% of the time, buy most of the beer, ect. ect. From the sounds of it I can say that the reason I have gotten so stingy with my shit now is because of people like you guys who bitch about chipping in a few bucks for gas when that friend probably drives 99% of the time, will never reach out and pick up the remanding couple bucks on a check, never randomly just happen to have beer when coming over, ect. Start paying attention to who really puts out the extra money and then the few times they turn around and ask for a few bucks stop making a big deal out of it and making them seem like the ass hole (may be different cases but generally how it seems to work out).

dude im exactly like you, im always shelling out the extra bucks, im always the one planning everything, im always the one to make sure that everything is worked out. so when i saw that my buddy had 100 of my dollars and i had just done all of this work, it ticked me off. i dunno, all im saying is that if i had my parents get the rental car and they decided to pay for it, you bet your ass i would give my friends their money back, why not? they are my friends. maybe im just too nice.

·
Registered
753 Posts

for the record, I'm the same guy as you in my group....always throw in extra at the table, bar, etc...never ask for gas money, shell out for the betterment of the group etc....but as you said lately I have been getting a little stricter about my generosity...and I'm ALWAYS driving btw....
so in that case idk what you mean by "guys like us" b/c you seem to be in the same boat..b/c you say you are getting a little stingy now as well...

all I was saying is that if I took money from my friends for a rental and my mom decided to pay for it...then I would kick back to my friends but maybe that is b/c I'm just a nice guy like that....and to answer would it make it different if she used the friends' funds paid for the car and then gave him spending money yes it would make a difference..in that case its spending money not money for the car...

but I don't want to beat a dead horse, each is entitled to their opinion and I respect that, and also don't want this turning into a forum fight hahah:cheeky4:

·
Registered
622 Posts
Friends give guy Cash for trip

Guy Takes Cash - Guys mom decides to pay for trip

Guys cash who belong to his friends to be payed for the trip suddenly gets to keep it? and not return it for something that now doesn't need to be payed for?.

Doesn't make sense to me, but the difference of opinions here is like looking at a picture, everyone has a different take on it. I think it would of just been the morally right thing to do is give your FRIENDS their money back.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
No sorry, you're a fucking idiot as well as a filthy jew. His mom wanted him to have money, so she let him keep the money by spending her own. I don't see how that enables you to a refund. I'm not sure what you don't understand here, its no different than his mom just giving him an allowance. It doesn't fucking matter that his mom didn't USE the money you gave her, you had a part to pay in the trip and you paid it.

So unless his mom called up you and your friends and said something along the lines of "Hey I've decided that I would enjoy spending my hard earned dollars to make you and your friends lives a bit easier" I don't see how you believe that money is yours. Your words exactly "His mom said HE could keep the money". By the sounds of it his mom was already doing your punk ass a favour by putting her name on the line incase one of you kids fucked shit up.

Like I said earlier it sounds like your parents were to cheap to ever help your ass out and you probably get jealous when other peoples parents help their ass out. Why else would you bully your so called friends out of the money their parents give them just because you are "bigger" than them. I can't believe people like to hang out with a guy like you who seems believe that if you don't earn something yourself you somehow have to give it up to your friends as well.
it wasnt his moms money to give away fucking dumbass, if its not coming out of that kids personal bank account he has no right to keep the money that doesnt belong to him

·
Registered
290 Posts
You're still the low life scum that expect other peoples parents to pay your way in the world. You say you have a job, congratufuckulations so does any other fucking person on this god damn board. You want a cookie for making money? Bottom line is you had an agreement, he held up his end of the bargain by recieving the money and getting the car. After that was done you have no right to that money and are a bitch for thinking so.

Blink you're a mental midget, I don't even know where to start with your dumbass. Considering his mom still rented the car with her credit card that money actually was hers to give away. I don't know if you suffer from severe reading disabilities or if you just sniffed one to many glue bottles but what would lead you to believe that the money isn't the moms to give away?

I just can't understand what is so hard to understand about this. Would it be a different story had his mom only given him half the money, or perhaps paid off his credit card bill (assuming he has one) for him with the money she got? What then, would you demand that he bought you guys food for the entire trip untill the so called debt was paid off?

I'm more interested in how the fuck someone can keep friends when their mentality is that if their parents give them shit they owe it to their group of friends or else they are cheap bitches.

·
Registered
580 Posts
The reason it's bad for him to keep the money is the fact that the money came from his friends and was no longer needed for the trip. It isn't the moms money to give away. The money wouldn't be there if it wasn't given to her.

·
Registered
290 Posts
The car wouldn't be there if she didn't PAY for it. What is so hard to understand, its not like they gave the kid money for nothing. They gave him money for the car, he gave it to his mom, she paid for the car. She then decided to just give him the cash because he was broke and wanted to help him out. What difference does it make if she gave him the same amount, less, or more than what his friends give him?

Hell if she hadn't given him money then his friends would have had to pay his way throughout the whole trip anyways no? If anything his friends did benefit from him having money, that is if the dude that is crying about it isn't full of shit about how he always pays for everything.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #33 (Edited)
You're still the low life scum that expect other peoples parents to pay your way in the world. You say you have a job, congratufuckulations so does any other fucking person on this god damn board. You want a cookie for making money? Bottom line is you had an agreement, he held up his end of the bargain by recieving the money and getting the car. After that was done you have no right to that money and are a bitch for thinking so.

Blink you're a mental midget, I don't even know where to start with your dumbass. Considering his mom still rented the car with her credit card that money actually was hers to give away. I don't know if you suffer from severe reading disabilities or if you just sniffed one to many glue bottles but what would lead you to believe that the money isn't the moms to give away?

I just can't understand what is so hard to understand about this. Would it be a different story had his mom only given him half the money, or perhaps paid off his credit card bill (assuming he has one) for him with the money she got? What then, would you demand that he bought you guys food for the entire trip untill the so called debt was paid off?

I'm more interested in how the fuck someone can keep friends when their mentality is that if their parents give them shit they owe it to their group of friends or else they are cheap bitches.
I think you're the one that can't read... I was talking about the money that the group gave him, his mom cant tell him to keep money thats not hers or his to keep...

F

·
0 Posts
This is why every group trip needs a person to coordinate and account for all money given to them from the participants. Friends or not, this would be avoided if everyone knew why money was needed from them and why it would or would not be reimbursed to them should a situation like this occur. :dunno:

·
Registered
626 Posts
im not gonna continue this argument because your just repeating the same things over and over. take your blinders off and look at the whole picture, i never once expected, or even thought of having his mom pay for it. it would have been there because we gave her money for it. why not give your FRIENDS their money back? when i said he was broke i didnt mean that he had zero money. for god sakes who isnt broke after a big trip? you act like i just sat back and expected everything to be handed to me.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Boy I miss all the good stuff:laugh:

Bottom line people its simple...gas, grass or ass nobody rides free!

lol...what a classic line..gotta love it

·
Registered
81 Posts
1. You paid your friend money for a car.
2. His mom paid for the car, and his mom let him keep the money instead.

Why would you ever expect a refund?

What if this happened? It's basically the same thing.
1. You paid your friend money for a car.
2. He used the money to get the car, and then his mom paid him back.

If I was your friend I would have kept the money. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,267 Posts

I can sum up this poster with one simple quote..."You said youd suck my balls Kyyyyyy"

This whole discussion can be cut into good arguments. The arguments proposed by people who youd want to be your friend, and those who you wouldnt want to plan a trip with.

If I was in the kids situation, being the caring friend that I am, I would return them their money on the principle that they are my friends, I trust them, I dont want them pissing in my boots when we get to the mountain.

I dont see my friends as an opportunity to make a quick buck, and I regularly find myself in a situation of financial need. When I drive I always arrange gas beforehand. I know how fuel efficient my car is, I know how far Im going. we figure that shit out and I pay an equal portion of gas. or we work out a lunch arrangement or alternate days or something.

·
Registered
753 Posts
well on a lighter note...its nice of you to want to charge for the food and not the beer....that is an odd situation though Sno...maybe he is going through some hard financial times and is too embarrased to talk about it? idk just a thought

21 - 40 of 45 Posts