Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can get a 2013 box scratcher for a really good price but I'm worried it's a park board more that an all mountain.

I like to cruise and maybe do a few jumps/boxes. Carving and high speed is also something I like. The snow here is generally man made and natural mixed depending on the time of year.

Would this board be too much for my style of riding? Would something more all mountain be better (K2 Raygun etc)?

Thanks guys, if you need more info let me know.

·
Scorching the Slopes
2,139 Posts
Box Scratcher is a park to jib board as far as I know.
Look at a TRS for your riding in the Lib Tech line.
Of course, there are other brands as well.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I remember demo'ing the board when it was first released and on the 1st run I fell on a small barrel feature and somehow pulled my ab muscles and couldn't stand up, got pulled down the mountain as a result by ski patrols.

so personally i've always looked at that board as my evil nemesis because who gets injured off a fall 5cm off the ground? :dizzy:

Okay for some real input my buddy bought and used the board for one full season as his only board. He's CASI II but rides mainly groomers, pow, some trees, and the smallest features in the park. He had no significant complaints about using the board in any of these conditions.

EDIT: if you enjoy big carves (as in actually cutting pencil lines) then magnetraction MIGHT be a slight annoyance. You can definite still carve but you won't be able to cut smooth carves into the snow like a regular camber board.

·
Premium Member
769 Posts
EDIT: if you enjoy big carves (as in actually cutting pencil lines) then magnetraction MIGHT be a slight annoyance. You can definite still carve but you won't be able to cut smooth carves into the snow like a regular camber board.
I'm confused by your claim here...magnetraction is totally independent of camber profile. How would it make carving difficult? Wouldn't it make it slightly easier if anything?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts