Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Guys, I need a piece of advice.

I cannot decide which board out of these three to choose.

I am an intermediate rider who rides mostly groomers, powder and trees. I really enjoy speed and jumps (not really interested in rails) and I am looking for an All-Rounder that will last. These three boards are really similar and therefore I could use some advice.

I was also thinking about Jamie Lynn Phoenix C3, but I am unsure about the Camber profile since so far I have been riding only on a Rocker (Burton Progression 159W) and many people have claimed that it is difficult to ride on a C3.

I am 5 ' 11 '' and 160 lbs.

Thanks for any tips.

Powder to the people :wink:

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
Those are all good boards but the Terrain Wrecker seems like the best fit. The C2X on the Terrain Wrecker and TRS will be closer to what you're used to and more forgiving if you're doing freestyle things while still being really solid for jumps. I really don't like landing larger jumps on boards with a significant amount of rocker because it's really easy to have the tail wash out if you land less than perfectly.

C3 isn't difficult to ride on. It's difficult for beginners to ride on, but as an intermediate I'd recommend a camber dominant board. Once you have the basics down the camber won't be too challenging and will keep you honest. I've never ridden the Phoenix though and I've seen a ton of variation in what "C3" means so I have no idea if that would be a good board for you. I'm guessing you'd be happier on a C2X board.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
For the speed and jumps part TRS. Focusing on powder, prolly the Dagmar. All round, Terrain Wrecker I guess, but I'd still pick TRS.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I haven't notice that. Well, then it is decided. TRS HP it is.

THANKS GUYS FOR YOUR ADVICE!

Powder to the people!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts