Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I'm looking to get back into riding this year. I used to go out pretty diligently 4-6 years ago. Back then, I was all about Lib Tech boards. I went through the website now and there are so many different varieties. I remember when the Skate Banana first came out and it was one of the only boards with rocker.

Long story short, I'm looking for some advice on which board to get. I used to ride a TRS, and then went to a Banana, and then to a TRS banana. I liked the original TRS without banana for all-mountain.

Which board would you recommend for me now..the TRS BTX, Skate Banana, or Attack Banana? Only riding all-mountain, east coast conditions, very little park but want a board that can do it all.

Thanks!

·
Registered
9,307 Posts
If you primarily want camber the Hot Knife I believe is the closest to the TRS with C3. Otherwise I'd say the TRS with C2.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you primarily want camber the Hot Knife I believe is the closest to the TRS with C3. Otherwise I'd say the TRS with C2.
Thanks for the reply. It's not that I didn't enjoy the Banana, I definitely did. I think that I'm looking for a healthy balance between the two. I just have never heard of the Attack Banana, Banana Magic, etc. that never existed back then. I've heard the TRS is different than it was 4-5 years ago so I'm just trying to figure out what's good. Unfortunately, I don't have access to demo these boards.

·
Registered
600 Posts
If you want a Lib without so much rocker in the middle, look into their C3 profile. If C3 fits the bill then the GNU Billy Goat might be for you. GNU, Lib Tech, same company.

·
Registered
884 Posts
TRS XC2 BTX; having that bit of extra camber under your feet makes a pretty big difference and it sounds like to enjoyed your cambered boards better. Really comes down to how much looseness at low speeds you want, i find it harder to tell the difference the faster i go. definitely Not the skate banana. I bought banana magic a couple years ago over the attack banana because i wanted the sintered base.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm looking at the Attack Banana and the TRS. Where do they differ and which type of ride does each board provide?

Thanks for all the help guys, just feeling a bit out of the loop with all the different types of tech and lack of ability to demo.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I'd suggest going to a shop that carries Lib & Gnu (and maybe look at something else) and have the folks explain the all the stuff to u in person: That way you can touch, stand on the boards, etc.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts