Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, another orca sizing thread, getting mixed feedback when searching other posts. For 5'10, 150-155lbs and size 8.5 boots, what do folks recommend for orca board size?

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
To make your decision harder, Lib just dropped the Golden Orca so if you thought the regular one wasn't expensive enough, you could get one with like carbon and unicorn blood in it.

To answer your original question, size the Orca down if you're getting a Custom X too. 147 or 150 would be a good daily driver size, 153 only if you're going to be riding super deep pow all the time. Remember you'll be carving on the Custom X and on the Orca when things get crowded or you want something more playful.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
To make your decision harder, Lib just dropped the Golden Orca so if you thought the regular one wasn't expensive enough, you could get one with like carbon and unicorn blood in it.

To answer your original question, size the Orca down if you're getting a Custom X too. 147 or 150 would be a good daily driver size, 153 only if you're going to be riding super deep pow all the time. Remember you'll be carving on the Custom X and on the Orca when things get crowded or you want something more playful.
Sweet, thanks drblast. so i got 154 on the custom x, 150 on the orca. also still have my huck knife for dedicated park when i get better!

·
Registered
290 Posts
I have a brand new 150 cm still in the sleeve from last season and I also have a 147 used. I bought the 150 in case the 147 is too small for me. So far 147 seems to be ok so I'm not sure if I'm planning on using the 150. If you're interested, make me an offer and I'll consider.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a brand new 150 cm still in the sleeve from last season and I also have a 147 used. I bought the 150 in case the 147 is too small for me. So far 147 seems to be ok so I'm not sure if I'm planning on using the 150. If you're interested, make me an offer and I'll consider.
Do you still have the 150 available?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello Pegas,
I didn't plan to intervine but I am your size and weight, and I bought the Orca 153 in my local shop thinking this was the only size (t.rice size) 2 years ago. This is my first small board, I come from 165 NITRO naturals and pantera's... I love this orca board and I am now searching for a 156, but the old version... Can't garantee I need it longer because it has been perfect in most conditions (I didn't try it in deep powder as I have a "174 Magtek de le rue Xv Rossignol" fantastic too... but a tiny little bit tireing in the trees)
I bought the Orca mainly for powder searches in the forrests 2 or 3 days after the fall (deep melezes (= larch?) forests where I live in serre chevalier / French Alpes) But I also love carving with it as it has a fantastic grip and super fun rebound It is great fun and works great on all variety of curves at all speeds... it floats fantastic in 30 cm of pow and stays stable going staight in bombs of mached packed used snow (scuse my french)
Well if I read myself the 153 is just fine... but still I want to try the 156 just in case it could be a little bit more fun :D ... sorry I am just another addict so don't trust me ;)

PS Thunder, I love your catch phrase: Education is important, but snowboarding is importanter!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Big up the Orca, what a board :)
yeah Wooolf, I'm same size and ride the 153. it handles just about everything, 30-60cm of pow easily, tree runs, fast big faces, tight turns and big powerful arcs, they really made it on the sweet spot for all this kinds of riding. also round the resort carving, slashing, jumping, excellent. only on the super deep days do I swap out for a bigger board, which makes me think I'd like a 156 for backup when it's really dumping, also I just really would like to try it. I'm actually about to buy the orca split and I see that they have 153,156,159. I'm mid size guy so that pus me on the 156, but i'm so confident that the 153 handles it all, especially for split boarding, where it's nice to be light, manoeuvrable and normally on few day old snow. any thoughts on the Orca split? anyone else feel free to chime in.
have a good one

Here are some related products that Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums members are talking about.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts