Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, another orca sizing thread, getting mixed feedback when searching other posts. For 5'10, 150-155lbs and size 8.5 boots, what do folks recommend for orca board size?

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Getting a custom X and an orca or cross shopping them? Kinda weird to be picking between those two if that's what you're doing.

·
Premium Member
1,687 Posts
To make your decision harder, Lib just dropped the Golden Orca so if you thought the regular one wasn't expensive enough, you could get one with like carbon and unicorn blood in it.

To answer your original question, size the Orca down if you're getting a Custom X too. 147 or 150 would be a good daily driver size, 153 only if you're going to be riding super deep pow all the time. Remember you'll be carving on the Custom X and on the Orca when things get crowded or you want something more playful.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
To make your decision harder, Lib just dropped the Golden Orca so if you thought the regular one wasn't expensive enough, you could get one with like carbon and unicorn blood in it.

To answer your original question, size the Orca down if you're getting a Custom X too. 147 or 150 would be a good daily driver size, 153 only if you're going to be riding super deep pow all the time. Remember you'll be carving on the Custom X and on the Orca when things get crowded or you want something more playful.
Sweet, thanks drblast. so i got 154 on the custom x, 150 on the orca. also still have my huck knife for dedicated park when i get better!

·
951 Posts
Sweet, thanks drblast. so i got 154 on the custom x, 150 on the orca. also still have my huck knife for dedicated park when i get better!
There's a 150 Orca that just popped up on my FB feed for sale,

·
Registered
152 Posts
I have a brand new 150 cm still in the sleeve from last season and I also have a 147 used. I bought the 150 in case the 147 is too small for me. So far 147 seems to be ok so I'm not sure if I'm planning on using the 150. If you're interested, make me an offer and I'll consider.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a brand new 150 cm still in the sleeve from last season and I also have a 147 used. I bought the 150 in case the 147 is too small for me. So far 147 seems to be ok so I'm not sure if I'm planning on using the 150. If you're interested, make me an offer and I'll consider.
Do you still have the 150 available?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts