Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if you we're going to move to a city that was close to a resort which city would you move to? for good all year pow boarding and decently priced

·
Registered
776 Posts
I moved to Denver last year for this very reason. Unlimited access to 3 resorts (Breck, Keystone, and A-Basin) and slightly restricted access to 2 resorts (Vail and Beaver Creek) within an hour and a half drive for $500 a year. Or unlimited access to all 5 for $600 a year. Would be a really good deal if we would get some snow :(

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
united states or canada would be preferred. idk about the price, just not super expensive. i would want to be within 20 minutes of the resort

·
Registered
756 Posts
united states or canada would be preferred. idk about the price, just not super expensive. i would want to be within 20 minutes of the resort
Check out Sandpoint, Idaho maybe.

Cheap town, the mountain is nice for one you never hear about! Good luck finding work though.

·
Registered
776 Posts
The problem with living that close to a resort is they are all small towns, so finding a job is tough. I guess it really just depends on your industry. I was limited to big cities with my move.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Vancouver, BC has three local hills within 35min of downtown. You can live closer than that and still be in the city too.

You've also got Whistler, Baker, Hemlock within 2hrs... then you've got the nearest interior mountains within 5hrs... then the powder highway beyond that.

People say Van is expensive, but I say that it's relative to any larger city. Just like anywhere, you've gotta be a little smart about your money.

Hope that helps

·
Registered
736 Posts
Vancouver, BC has three local hills within 35min of downtown. You can live closer than that and still be in the city too.

You've also got Whistler, Baker, Hemlock within 2hrs... then you've got the nearest interior mountains within 5hrs... then the powder highway beyond that.

People say Van is expensive, but I say that it's relative to any larger city. Just like anywhere, you've gotta be a little smart about your money.

Hope that helps
Have to say that if I didn't live where I do, I would be in Vancouver for sure.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I was in this position back in 2009, I chose salt lake city and bailed from california. 40 mins away from downtown you have 7 resorts 4 of those resorts get 500" of snow each season - so plenty of pow days. the other 3 get 350" and have killer parks. one hour away you have 2 more which also get 400-500" of snow. 14 resorts total, killer backcountry with easy access. 4 hours from jackson. seemed like a no brainer to me.

i wasn't ready to go all out and seclude myself in interior bc somewhere, but if i could i would.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Dude, that's fairly off topic. You may get an answer, but probably have better luck contacting them directly or start a new thread?
Dude, not really seeing as we're talking about baldface?
oh wow, i saw that lol..well thats not going to happen for a while lol

I was in this position back in 2009, I chose salt lake city and bailed from california. 40 mins away from downtown you have 7 resorts 4 of those resorts get 500" of snow each season - so plenty of pow days. the other 3 get 350" and have killer parks. one hour away you have 2 more which also get 400-500" of snow. 14 resorts total, killer backcountry with easy access. 4 hours from jackson. seemed like a no brainer to me.

i wasn't ready to go all out and seclude myself in interior bc somewhere, but if i could i would.
yeah thats probably what i'm going to do

·
Registered
513 Posts

IMO, in the US, SLC is the only one that meets your criteria... and then some.

·
Registered
736 Posts
There is alot of ski resorts filled with snow... close to SLC..... ukno?

My plan is to buy some wood. Build myself a cabin in interior BC, next to powder highway. Then sell my body for money and snowboard..... :p
I live on the powder highway and I didn't have to build a cabin or sell blood.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts