Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Long arm/sleeve jacket?

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  duderson 
#1 · (Edited)
hey,

I'm shopping for a jacket, which is always a daunting task for me, since my wingspan is nearly 7ft finger-to-finger but chest-wise I wear a large.

I searched a bit and have some decent recommendations from this forum in 2017, but I figured I should post again to get the latest opinions.

so, what jackets tend to have the longest sleeves?

I'm primarily looking at insulated jackets rather than shells, but I'm open to all suggestions. I don't really care if it's ski or snowbaord style. so far, it seems like Dakine shells have pretty long arms. Skis,com seems to have Obermeyer and Columbia in tall sizes, but I don't have much experience with those brands. I'm not a big fan of Columbia since they usually have poor breathability/waterproofness ratings. I'm hoping to find something 15k/15k, but could maybe settle for 10k/10k

thanks in advance

#3 ·
I ended up buying an obermeyer Foundation in the Large-Tall size. I have about 82inch fingertip-to-fingertip reach and the Obermeyer fit well. the thumb hole wrist gaiter is a bit tight when I stretch all the way out, but not as bad as most jackets (most feel like they're going to rip), I tried on the Columbia L-tall jacket and I didn't like it at all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.