Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2013 162cm GNU Billy Goat for next season which will be my all mountain workhorse. I was thinking of getting another board that's shorter and a true twin to work on my switch and screw around on the mountain and park with, something that's easier to ollie with and work on jump tricks and some rails.

I was looking at the Lib Tech TRS 159/154, GNU Riders Choice 157/158wide, and Lib Tech Skate Banana 159/156wide/153wide.

Any of these more recoomended or should I be looking at something else? I'm 6'2", 180lbs, sz 11 boot. The boards I've rode so far have been 160-162, how short should I be able to comfortably go?

·
Banned
1,966 Posts
I have a 2013 162cm GNU Billy Goat for next season which will be my all mountain workhorse. I was thinking of getting another board that's shorter and a true twin to work on my switch and screw around on the mountain and park with, something that's easier to ollie with and work on jump tricks and some rails.

I was looking at the Lib Tech TRS 159/154, GNU Riders Choice 157/158wide, and Lib Tech Skate Banana 159/156wide/153wide.

Any of these more recoomended or should I be looking at something else? I'm 6'2", 180lbs, sz 11 boot. The boards I've rode so far have been 160-162, how short should I be able to comfortably go?
Of your choices:
- Both TRS and Riders Choice have a similar (hybrid) camber profile to your BG, while the Skate Banana is essentially full rocker. That will be the main determinant for your decisions.
- In case that you want another hybrid deck, the TRS and RC are very similar boards. RC has a bit more tech and the asym shape, otherwise not much between them at all.

And you do not need a wide for any of these boards.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts