Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and gals

Im 6ft tall 180lb size 11.5 boots. Im definitely no park rat I only attend when im out of every other option.
Been riding for 5 years only say 2 weeks a year until last season where I did a full season in Canada BC, im here for another season. I love powder trees and cliff drops and ripping down groomers when im done for the day.

So I guess im looking for some suggestions on boards. I like the look of the NS raptor but was wondering if its will be to stiff? Should I be getting a wide? Im looking to get a bigger board like a 159.

I had considered both the NS cobra and K2 ultradream as alternatives that aren't as stiff.

I have a sk8 banana for the days of just playing around its a 154.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hey man,

I am similar in height and foot size just a little bit heavier at 195lbs. I have a YES greats 159 i've been riding for the past couple of seasons and it is really good for all mtn. Not as great if you get into deep powder though, so i recently pick up a YES PYL 161w and it is a machine! If your looking to ride fast and hit huge lines that is the board. You could prob ride a regular width board as well as a wide. If you can you should demo a few different sizes just to see what you like.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts