Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a freestyle board (details inside)

First things first, Hello guys, I just signed up for the forum and looking forward to hearing everyone's advice and opinions.

A little about me:

I took snowboarding lessons first when I was 7 years old. I'm now 21. I snowboard each season about 30 days (spread out from november to april). I'm definitely a park guy. I like to hangout in the park all day and then tear the mountain when I exit the park finishes. Boxes, rails, lunch tables, and anything in that nature are my best friends. So I'm experienced and know what I'm doing. Every time I go up to board, I always rent and I decided this year to have my OWN baby.

Where I've boarded:

-France
-Whistler
-Big Bear
-Lake Tahoe

But I will be going up to big bear the most this season because I live in SoCal

What I'm looking for:

- A board definitely on the soft side, but not a noodle. Something that is flexible and would accommodate my grindings and board slides. (I don't want a noodle because I want to carve the mountain after I exit the park)

- I want a board that has great technology on it. (Like the physics and ergonomics of the board)

- Something that can handle the impacts of my air landings

-Under 400 (if there is a board that is a little over and worth the extra bump, that's fine too)

So please gentlemen, suggest me something based on my profile, thank you very much in advance! :yahoo:

·
Registered
223 Posts
If you rented only a board from Bear that would be $25 per day. 30 days a season means you spend $750 per season on rental fees for shitty, beat up gear.

That also means that you have had to wait in horrendous rental lines which kept you off the mountain for early morning laps which I can't imagine would be acceptable for anybody who has had several seasons of riding.

What does this mean? I think you are lying about your experience.

It's cool, man. You ain't gotta prove yourself to the inter webs.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you rented only a board from Bear that would be $25 per day. 30 days a season means you spend $750 per season on rental fees for shitty, beat up gear.

That also means that you have had to wait in horrendous rental lines which kept you off the mountain for early morning laps which I can't imagine would be acceptable for anybody who has had several seasons of riding.

What does this mean? I think you are lying about your experience.

It's cool, man. You ain't gotta prove yourself to the inter webs.

What? At my university you get day passes AND rental packages just for 5$
Shut your ass up before I beat that ass cocksucker

·
Registered
585 Posts
A little about me:

I took snowboarding lessons first when I was 7 years old. I'm now 21. I snowboard each season about 30 days (spread out from november to april). I'm definitely a park guy. I like to hangout in the park all day and then tear the mountain when I exit the park finishes. Boxes, rails, lunch tables, and anything in that nature are my best friends. So I'm experienced and know what I'm doing.
If you snowboard that often and are "experienced and know what you're doing" you should probably be able to pick out your own board. Or at least narrow it down to a few models to choose from. Do some research of your own. Or just search these forums. This question has been asked countless times.

·
Registered
223 Posts
What? At my university you get day passes AND rental packages just for 5$
Shut your ass up before I beat that ass cocksucker
Then educate me, small fry. What school are you going to that provides such a deal? College deals tend to be $5 off. Not $5 total. College season passes are a great deal but you never mentioned a season pass in your original post.

I'm still being nice. How about you turn down the dial?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Ok.. so it ll be forum youngblood doubledog 399 or yes jackpot 449 !
forum is rocker in the middle, camber under your feet and rocker again.
yes is camber and the nose and the tail rocker.

·
Veteran Member
11,555 Posts
Yeah, I would appreciate it if we would refrain from posting girls in yoga pants pictures on every thread that is deemed suspect or trolling. If you want a Yoga pants pics thread, put one in off topic. I have gotten more than a few complaints from female members that it was getting over bearing. I am just asking that we be a little more considerate.

I merged the two threads. Not a very strong start at all from the OP. I guess we'll see where it goes for now.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.