Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone - First time posting here but long time lurker. I've been in the market for a smaller board after demoing a few Burton boards and realized I want something smaller than what I currently ride with and also want to explore the park a bit more with it. For reference I'm 5'10 170lbs and ride a Lib Tech Banana Magic 157 cm (probably 2014?) and would guess I'm intermediate level pushing closer to advance. I love this board as it excels in powder and mainly use it for carving and cruising through the trees.

Last season I got the opportunity to demo the Burton Kilroy (155cm), Paramount (155cm), Kilroy 3D (154cm) and Skeleton Key (154) and realized I really enjoyed riding on something smaller. My favorites were the Kilroy and the Skeleton Key. I'm looking for something similar from another brand as I do not want to switch to the EST bindings. Also what I liked about these boards was that they had regular camber and road better on icier conditions compared to the Lib Tech (reverse camber). Any suggestions? I did consider the Capita DOA (154cm) and the Ride Twinpig (154cm). Also would these boards be too small for me?

Thanks!

·
Registered
473 Posts
I was sceptical about the Channel and non-EST bindings. I was wrong.
If you use proper screws and a proper screwdriver they hold tight for the whole day. So if you liked the boards don’t sweat the Channel.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You could look at the Party Platter 147
Whoa that seems a bit too small haha. To clarify I still do want the board to be an AM board, but also hit the park with it.

I was sceptical about the Channel and non-EST bindings. I was wrong.
If you use proper screws and a proper screwdriver they hold tight for the whole day. So if you liked the boards don’t sweat the Channel.
Oh interesting. That's really good to know!

·
Registered
303 Posts
Whoa that seems a bit too small haha. To clarify I still do want the board to be an AM board, but also hit the park with it.
I actually ride a 147 at 185lbs and a size 11 boots.
I only rode it a few days in a really small resort and it worked really well, even floated me on some heavy leftover pow.
If you look at the review and comments from Angrysnowboarder, you'll see that is the size he would advise at your weight.
It is a volume shifted board designed to be ridden smaller.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Rome National or Agent, Niche Wraith, Gnu Headspace, Yes Jackpot, DC Mega, K2 Bottlerocket.
Thanks for the suggestions!

Would the Capita DOA be comparable to these? If so would a size 154cm be appropriate?

·
Registered
959 Posts
Whoa that seems a bit too small haha. To clarify I still do want the board to be an AM board,
It’s a volume shift board. I’m 175 size 8 boots and just picked up the 147 for my park/Fooling around board. It’s very capable as an all mountain as long as your not bombing on it. It’s my first volume shift board and I’m still getting used to it. It’s definitely a different experience.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It’s a volume shift board. I’m 175 size 8 boots and just picked up the 147 for my park/Fooling around board. It’s very capable as an all mountain as long as your not bombing on it. It’s my first volume shift board and I’m still getting used to it. It’s definitely a different experience.
Oh nice, thanks for the feedback. But I dont think I'm looking for something like that. More so a smaller board than the 157 I have where I can play around in the park and something to mess around with on the mountain on non-powder days.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think I narrowed down my options to either the Capita DOA/Outerspace, YES Jackpot, and the Rome Buckshot. Leaning towards the Buckshot as I found one on sale. Which size would be a better fit for me on the Buckshot 151 or 155 (5'10" 170lbs)?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts