Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Longtime lurker, first time post(er).

I decided to post this because I know I'll get some honest opinions here.

Here's the deal, I'm looking for an aggressive freeride board, I've owned mostly Burton boards in the past so those are what I know. I've busted my old custom and now I'm down to my v-rocker. I've been looking at picking up a T6, I'm not a burton nut hugger and I would like to see my other options. Problem is I'm not familiar with other brands. So basically I want a super fast, stable board that I can blow through the chop with and do moderately sized cliff drops. My boot size is 10 my weight is 155 and my height is 5'11"

A couple boards that have been recommended to me are...
Capita Snowboard Of Death Yr Snowboard - Men's 2011 (looks promising...)
Burton T6 Snowboard - Men's
Rome Agent Snowboard 2011

I want to spend about $550 and I have to buy the board from a certain retailer because I have a credit there. Here's the brands I can choose from...

5150 (14)
Academy (9)
Arbor (18)
Artec (25)
Atomic (8)
Burton (170)
Capita (48)
DC (32)
Flow (15)
Forum (82)
Gnu (10)
Head (27)
K2 (53)
Lamar (84)
Lib Tech (9)
LTD (94)
Morrow (44)
Nitro (45)
Palmer (14)
Ride (28)
Rome (47)
Rossignol (92)
Roxy (6)
Salomon (43)
Santa Cruz (22)
Sapient (54)
Sierra (6)
Signal (11)
Silence (15)
Stepchild (5)
Technine (49)

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
Bataleon Undisputed, Never Summer Premier F1, Jones Flagship, K2 Slayblade, Ride Highlife, Capita BSOD, Rome Anthem, Nitro Pantera.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Freeride?
none of you listed.

Choose from arbor, never summer, libtech, unity(dominion, may be dom pintail), elan(vertigo).

personaly i'd go with any of this:
NS Raptor X, or summit
unity dominion
elan vertigo

may be i'd get the latter for me this month.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Freeride?
none of you listed.

Choose from arbor, never summer, libtech, unity(dominion, may be dom pintail), elan(vertigo).

personaly i'd go with any of this:
NS Raptor X, or summit
unity dominion
elan vertigo

may be i'd get the latter for me this month.
Thanks but none of those are an option for me.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Rome Agent Rocker or Anthem SS
Capita BSOD
Arbor Element RX
K2 0, Slayblade or Turbo Dream

I hope it's a significant credit at Sierra (TruSnow) that limits you to their inventory. Personally I'm an NS fanboy but Unity and Smokin' are on my list as well.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
I have a 09/10 Never Summer Titan (this year its a rocker and they now call it a Raptor) and that thing is a beast. Its so stable at high speed! Cuts through any rubbish I have put it through. Its a bit heavier than other boards I have but it feels very solid. I have put about 35 days on it and other than a few dings in the base it looks brand new!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have a 09/10 Never Summer Titan (this year its a rocker and they now call it a Raptor) and that thing is a beast. Its so stable at high speed! Cuts through any rubbish I have put it through. Its a bit heavier than other boards I have but it feels very solid. I have put about 35 days on it and other than a few dings in the base it looks brand new!
Thanks, but Never Sumer isn't an option for me.

·
Registered
134 Posts
why are you tied down to sierra/trusnow.com? i was going to recommend the ride machete but even w/ 28 rides to choose from the #1 board from them isnt available.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Longtime lurker, first time post(er).

I decided to post this because I know I'll get some honest opinions here.

Here's the deal, I'm looking for an aggressive freeride board, I've owned mostly Burton boards in the past so those are what I know. I've busted my old custom and now I'm down to my v-rocker. I've been looking at picking up a T6, I'm not a burton nut hugger and I would like to see my other options. Problem is I'm not familiar with other brands. So basically I want a super fast, stable board that I can blow through the chop with and do moderately sized cliff drops. My boot size is 10 my weight is 155 and my height is 5'11"

A couple boards that have been recommended to me are...
Capita Snowboard Of Death Yr Snowboard - Men's 2011 (looks promising...)
Burton T6 Snowboard - Men's
Rome Agent Snowboard 2011

I want to spend about $550 and I have to buy the board from a certain retailer because I have a credit there. Here's the brands I can choose from...

5150 (14)
Academy (9)
Arbor (18)
Artec (25)
Atomic (8)
Burton (170)
Capita (48)
DC (32)
Flow (15)
Forum (82)
Gnu (10)
Head (27)
K2 (53)
Lamar (84)
Lib Tech (9)
LTD (94)
Morrow (44)
Nitro (45)
Palmer (14)
Ride (28)
Rome (47)
Rossignol (92)
Roxy (6)
Salomon (43)
Santa Cruz (22)
Sapient (54)
Sierra (6)
Signal (11)
Silence (15)
Stepchild (5)
Technine (49)

Thanks!
can't....resist......

I love this board....alternatives were JJ flagship, Burton-T6 (or 7)
It rides better than it looks. And it looks great.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts