Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Most of the ones I see on Amazon so far are a bit too small with a blade around 8 inches or too short. Maybe 13 by 11 or so inches like the size of my laptop would be better. Dad had a fold up one with a plastic blade that was closer to that size. Aluminum like that would be better.

Ones with longer handles or a bigger blades are often plastic or not collapsible.

Suppose I could make one but don't have the tools materials or place to do it.

EDIt: This is the best one I've seen so far:

Longer but the blade is still small.

· Registered
3,085 Posts
Assembled Shovel Extended Length
31.25" / 79 cm

Blade Dimensions
9.75" x 11.5" / 25 cm x 29 cm

Assembled Shovel Extended Length
collapsed length 77 cm -extended length 102 cm

Blade Dimensions
dimensions 27.9 c x 25.4 cm

this is my shovel

BCA RS Shovel
  • INTENDED USE: Back Country Skiing.
  • Blade dimensions: 25 x 28 cm (9 x 11")
  • MATERIAL: 6061 T6 Aluminium.
  • COLLAPSED LENGTH: 43cm.
  • EXTENDED LENGTH: 77cm.
  • WEIGHT: 880g.

Tool Musical instrument accessory Office supplies Cleanliness Metal

· Registered
2,796 Posts
just use a grain shovel........from your local hardware store..........may not fold and be bulky.......but.........cheap and can move a ton of snow quickly...........cheap enough to leave @ your build site...............

· Registered
559 Posts
Most of the ones I see on Amazon so far are a bit too small with a blade around 8 inches or too short. Maybe 13 by 11 or so inches like the size of my laptop would be better. Dad had a fold up one with a plastic blade that was closer to that size. Aluminum like that would be better.

Ones with longer handles or a bigger blades are often plastic or not collapsible.

Suppose I could make one but don't have the tools materials or place to do it.

EDIt: This is the best one I've seen so far:

Longer but the blade is still small.
My Tip is don't buy a shovel from Amazon.
Get a Voile Telepro Avalanche shovel. (aluminium Blade and D-handle)
Black Diamond Evac 9 looks alright too (alloy blade and D-handle), but more expensive.
If you are going to do a lot of shovelling, a D-handle is way better, and you can even use it wearing mitts.

· Registered
20 Posts
Have you ever built a jump?
yes, small ones. I was just posting what I would realistically throw in my pack and carry all day to make a few step-ups or something. It wouldn't work for anything substantial and I'm not saying it will. You didn't say how large you wanted the jumps or if you were just doing some bumps. No need to be rude.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.