Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says, I'm looking for a low cost edger that will securely hold a DMT diamond stone (you can see the stones in the pic below). I can find a couple that would work, but they are usually priced way too high. This is exactly what I'm looking for, except too damn expensive ($64):

I can find tons of edgers that use a file or proprietary stone, but the DMT stone is too thin for most of these. For example, I have the one below, but the DMT stone is too thin and slides right out.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
8,217 Posts
I made one out of some scrap 90 deg. angle piece of aluminum, cut it into 2 pieces, drilled 2 holes (4 total) and 2 bolts with wing nuts....sort like an upside down "T" when bolted together with the file held between the 2 pieces....total cost 20 cents for the bolt/wing nuts.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Just use a fixed angle with a clamp.

You have to put the diamond stone in at an angle but it works.
That's what you want to do anyway. That blue thing in the OP is a crap design (intended for straight sidecuts) and doesn't work well for snowboards.

·
Premium Member
3,553 Posts
I use the one pictured at the top. IMO it's worth the money. You'll have it forever. And its nice having sharp polished edges all the time.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I use the one pictured at the top. IMO it's worth the money. You'll have it forever. And its nice having sharp polished edges all the time.
Damn you Extremo. I'm trying to cut corners here, but am a sucker for gadgets. Must resist.

Thanks for everyone's answers so far.

Wrath, that my friend, is pinching serious pennies. I bet it works perfectly though.

·
Registered
845 Posts
:thumbsup: +1 .... I just got the same setup and it works great. Definitely notice the difference riding with sharp edges.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts