Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

i am new to this forum (however not new to snowboard).
My Problem : i am looking for new boots.
Until now i had the Vans Aura with double BOA and i was really happy with them, almost they are 10 years old. However they are damaged and i had to replace them.
Until now i had the size 10 US , or MP 28.
I bought a pair of Rome Inferno at March 2020, and as i have tried them this year i found out that : a) they are to soft (no way 7/10 as Rome says) and b) they are a liiiittle to big for me...Minimal but althoung big...
I thnink that the old Aura mit MP 28 are a little bit smaller then Rome with MP 28.
So i have started looking for new ones.
I check out one again my feet lenght. I came out with 27.5 , but the store i want said 27.6.
So i decided to give the 27.5 a try.
I tested the Vans Aura Pro at 27.5 with double BOA . They are to small, but round the calves pefect.

Then i tested the K2 Maysis. The length is exactly what i wanted (with MP 27.5) however i have the problem that
i need to make the BOA really tight , till the end. Otherwise the boot can not fix my upper foot (calves). You could see it in the photo. When the shoes are so during the first 20 min, then after 20 days the BOA will be complet to End and i could not fix it any more.

I have indeed not so thick calves (they are trained ) but thank to gens they are relativ slimm.
I need a Boot at 27.5 or maybe 28 (depends on the shoe) but definitely with thick liners. According to your experience where should i see?

King regards

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
I too am gifted with slender ankles (super chicken like). Once I find a boot that fits my foot well, then I go about adding some foam (ankle wraps or C/J bars) and/or shims to keep it in there. Angry did a boot fitting series on Youtube that might be helpful (particularly the ankle wraps, J & C bars, and tongue shims).

The Maysis might be tricky since it doesn't offer a traditional lace pull on the liner, only the velcro on the shin, which I've found is not enough for me. After a few days of riding the liner packs out and there isn't enough velcro to wrap my chicken legs.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Intuition makes some thicker higher volume replacement liners if you can justify the extra $200.

I had Rome Guides last year and they were way too much volume for my foot. If the inferno is same last then not the boot for thinner foot. I modified them just to get some use out them but couldn't wait to quit using them.

32 TM3 have a pretty thick intuition liner which fits my somewhat thin calf and ankle. Used them for 2 years without them packing out. Just got 32 tm2 Jones and they fit even better. Not as thick a liner but maybe more supportive and less volume shell.

You have to try on lots of brands to find the one which fits. Every couple years I used go into a shop and just try every boot. Now I just order a few as I've eliminated so many brands that don't fit.

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
I'm a bit shocked that you wanted stiff and went for the maysis, no? Did you find them stiffer than the infernos?

Edit: Err I think I had the Rome inferno and Ride Insano's confused. Oops.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Until now i habe tried vans aura pro in us 9.5
Too small but good round the calves , as the burton photon in 9.5
K2 maysis were ok for the feet but i had the problem with the Boa. Also with Photon in us 10
I think i will try with the speed laces...or a test with the rome and shins

Here are some related products that Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums members are talking about.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts