Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Not quite reformed yet
8,484 Posts
Give Carhartt a try. I just ordered a poly/wool blend crew shirt in XXL TALL. That gives extra 2" in body length & sleeves. (..i hate shirt tails that reveal "Crack" while bending!) 😂

Their sizes go up to 3-4X IIR,. That should b enough ta get ya "loose!"

·
Not quite reformed yet
8,484 Posts
Icebreaker. By far the best base layer I ever used!
Love IB. got 2-3 tops & 2 med weight bottoms. Great layers. But I wouldn't call them loose fitting tho! Dunno if they come in tall sizes either. (...for the length he's looking for.)

That's the only reason they weren't my first recommendation. If he can find a 2X crew top, that might be a loose fit on him.

·
Premium Member
2,599 Posts
Love IB. got 2-3 tops & 2 med weight bottoms. Great layers. But I wouldn't call them loose fitting tho! Dunno if they come in tall sizes either. (...for the length he's looking for.)

That's the only reason they weren't my first recommendation. If he can find a 2X crew top, that might be a loose fit on him.
I figured you can always size up, we don't really know what size the OP is anyway.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Give Carhartt a try. I just ordered a poly/wool blend crew shirt in XXL TALL. That gives extra 2" in body length & sleeves. (..i hate shirt tails that reveal "Crack" while bending!) 😂

The Carhartt gonna work, thanks Chomps.

·
Not quite reformed yet
8,484 Posts

·
Not quite reformed yet
8,484 Posts
Your not gonna size up Icebreaker much. The XXL is VERY short(I'm 6' 1").
Yeah,.. my only beef with IB or most of the base layers is they're generally too short. I'm only 6'. Not super tall, but My height is in my torso. (...tall in da saddle!) lol

So most shirts & base layers are short for my preferences. Carhartt is "work wear!" Which tends to cater sizing options to bigger dudes like hunting apparel does.

Most of the outdoor gear suppliers seem to think we are all short skinny vegan motherfuckers! LOL 😉

Glad you found something that'll work for you

·
Registered
20 Posts

Did the XXL Tall work for you? I like the baggy style but don't know if a XXL jacket is right for me?

·
Not quite reformed yet
8,484 Posts
The Carhartt worked, in the base layers. No idea on a Carhartt XXL jacket though.
Carhartt stuff runs a bit big. Their XXL jackets will be very roomy.

·
Not quite reformed yet
8,484 Posts
The Carhartt gonna work, thanks Chomps.
👍🏻 @Aztrailerhawk
I just got a 100% synthetic base layer from BlackStrap. You know,.. the outfit that makes neck gaiters & balaclavas?
It's called, The Skyliner Crew Base layer shirt.

Taking it to the hill this weekend,.. I'll let you know how it performs.

But I wanted to mention,.. as far as sizing,.. they do a "Drop tail" front & back on this and the 2XL? Is without question, absolutely the longest reg xxl shirt Ive ever had that wasn't SPECIFICALLY a "Tall" size.

It's a loose(ish) fit on me (lard ass @ 250+ lbs) but looooong shirt tails. If it performs well, keeps the sweat wicking away off my core,..?

I'll be buying several more @ $60 ea! 👍🏻 (...IB starts @ $90-$100+)

·
Registered
913 Posts
@Aztrailerhawk
I just got a 100% synthetic base layer from BlackStrap. You know,.. the outfit that makes neck gaiters & balaclavas?
It's called, The Skyliner Crew Base layer shirt.

Taking it to the hill this weekend,.. I'll let you know how it performs.

But I wanted to mention,.. as far as sizing,.. they do a "Drop tail" front & back on this and the 2XL? Is without question, absolutely the longest reg xxl shirt Ive ever had that wasn't SPECIFICALLY a "Tall" size.

It's a loose(ish) fit on me (lard ass @ 250+ lbs) but looooong shirt tails. If it performs well, keeps the sweat wicking away off my core,..?

I'll be buying several more @ $60 ea! (...IB starts @ $90-$100+)
I have a lot of Blackstrap headwear and like it all. Didn't realize they made base layers.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 21 Posts