Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey! I'm currently looking for some bindings ranging at about 75 dollars. My boot size is 9 and I'm not being too picky on the bindings atm. My inserts are 4x2. I would prefer a med stiffness since I'll probably be all over the mountain (dunno how much I'll hit up the park, though) but I'm not too worried about it with my price range lol.

I found some Union DLX bindings for 77; what do you guys think? Union DLX Snowboard Bindings - 2012/2013 - Free Shipping at REI.com

If you guys have any recommendations let me know! Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,471 Posts
At that price point it's pretty much take what you can get. Maybe keep an eye on Whiskey Militia and similar sites in case something ever comes up. Or maybe keep an eye on the classifieds and stuff for used gear. But good luck to your search.

·
Registered
4,833 Posts
Your best bet is to shop the usual sites (forums, ebay, craigslist, odat sites) for stuff from last season or older or used. In 2014, with the ever-rising cost of snowboarding gear, there's really no such thing as a brand new, current season binding for under $200 that's worth owning.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, kind of what I was figuring. Guess I'll hit up some local stuff some more. It's kind of a drag that I live so far away from most of the gear, though. By the way, thanks for telling me about Whiskey Militia, Freshy; I've somehow managed to never hear about it.

So Triple8, I'm assuming that's your way of saying that the DLX bindings probably aren't a good call lol.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey guys! Thought I'd update. I found some K2 Formula bindings for 70 bucks, some Rome 390 bindings for 65 (though they're a bit too uhh.. well I dunno if it'd go with the board lol), some K2 V10 Magmas for 60, and some K2 Uprise bindings for 85 but free shipping.

It appears as though they're all in pretty similar condition. What do you guys think? Any personal experience with any of these?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts