Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
10,667 Posts
Definitely wanna hop on that Kazu. It seems right up my alley. My buddy is really stoked on it but he'll hate it. He keeps on buying stiffer directional boards when he prefers softish twins. I tell him he'll hate it and he buys it anyway, then I end up riding it more than he does.

I keep telling him to quit the bullshit and just buy a damn Funslinger already but he won't listen.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Definitely wanna hop on that Kazu. It seems right up my alley. My buddy is really stoked on it but he'll hate it. He keeps on buying stiffer directional boards when he prefers softish twins. I tell him he'll hate it and he buys it anyway, then I end up riding it more than he does.

I keep telling him to quit the bullshit and just buy a damn Funslinger already but he won't listen.

More win for you!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Wow that's 21m. Chamonix got 7.5m last season and 2.5m the season before. Do you even ride bro?

Well..."Hardly" is a relative term

And we all know, there never is enough pow, innit?

But yeah, I was thinking the same.
Wow that's 21m. Chamonix got 7.5m last season and 2.5m the season before. Do you even ride bro?

Sent from my ONE E1001 using Tapatalk
Yeah. At the top, bro. What about the rest of the ride through mid-bottom ? Not complaining about the top of the mountain. Except when chair 6 burned and they closed top, and could only ride mid-bottom
Not looking for a troll, thanks.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #26

You honestly think the kazu will hold up good ?

·
Registered
10,667 Posts
Yeah, it should.

Though, honestly if I was buying a board for Alyeska I'd buy a Capita Mercury or Never Summer 25.

As for your comments about ice, riding ice fucking sucks. A board handling ice well is relative. In reality, all boards pretty much suck on ice. They're snowboards, not iceboards.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Yeah, it should.

Though, honestly if I was buying a board for Alyeska I'd buy a Capita Mercury or Never Summer 25.

As for your comments about ice, riding ice fucking sucks. A board handling ice well is relative. In reality, all boards pretty much suck on ice. They're snowboards, not iceboards.

True lol, but the lib magnetraction looks promising. I'll see if I can get a kazu through local board shop. I definitely love that board design

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Magnetraction is love it or hate it tech IMO. I personally hate it.

Sounds like you need to do some demo'ing before you buy.
Yeah, I would love that, :do you know how I can do that in anchorage ?
I don't think blue and gold offer demos, rei can't return snowboards... Zumiez same..

·
Registered
10,667 Posts
Does Alyeska not offer demo boards at their shop? I was up there a couple of years ago but had my own gear. Even if the selection isn't great, you can at least demo different camber profiles and hopefully try something with magnetraction. Just Google local shops and start calling around. You might be surprised.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Does Alyeska not offer demo boards at their shop? I was up there a couple of years ago but had my own gear. Even if the selection isn't great, you can at least demo different camber profiles and hopefully try something with magnetraction. Just Google local shops and start calling around. You might be surprised.
Alyeska has all K2 at lodge and hotel...

I'll see if maybe blue and gold can demo boards. Thanks for suggestions

·
Registered
8,131 Posts
Alyeska has all K2 at lodge and hotel...

I'll see if maybe blue and gold can demo boards. Thanks for suggestions
idk...doesn't k2 have some grippage tech thing...and lib/gnu/merv is practically a local manufacturer in AK...somebody has to have something. Btw we have the same conditions pow, ice and slush top to bottom in 1 run

and with gnu you can get .5/half mag which is like having mag only when you need it ... it works fine but as said earlier its a basically a skillz thing.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts