Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So as you can see from the title, I'm a snowboarder looking to find similarly skilled snowboarders to try and enjoy next winter with. My name is Taylor, but all my buddies call me "brownie". I'm an intermediate to advanced snowboarder that just likes to ride as much as possible, my usual group of guys just don't seem to want to ride that much anymore and I find myself going alone about half of the time. (Which gets a little old) now I've probably had about 35-40 days on the mountain between Loon, Sunday River and Sugarloaf. I try to take some pow turns at the loaf when they get the snow but, I've mostly been at Loon this year. I live in southern Maine so if you're tryin to connect just let me know!

·
Registered
285 Posts
Hey, have fun finding some friends to board with..I cannot board much, about 10 times a year so your record sounds amazing...Can I ask how far is Sugarloaf from Portland, Maine?

·
Registered
10 Posts
There's some pretty cool people at all those mountains as long as your not shy and talk to folks. I play at loon a lot and have met a lot of cool folks in the bunyan room and on the gondi. I still ride with those guys a lot. Ask about the bird sanctuary ive met a lot of folks up there as well...just follow foottracks up the hill to the left when you hit the first clearing and that will get you away from the kids.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Also do you ride weekends only or some weekdays...it definitely makes a difference as far as the type of crowd goes...especially at loon

·
Registered
905 Posts
I'm a new england rider. Wa wa is home to me (I'm in Boston) but my brother and I have max pass so will be hitting all of those mountains again this winter. We would definitely be down to meet up. I'd put us both at the upper end of intermediate. We can ride most trails just fine. Both working on the freestyle side of things little by little so not too much time spent in any park aside from the beginner parks. We also both dont drink but love us some green and dont mind hanging in lodges while others drink!

·
Registered
3 Posts
So as you can see from the title, I'm a snowboarder looking to find similarly skilled snowboarders to try and enjoy next winter with. My name is Taylor, but all my buddies call me "brownie". I'm an intermediate to advanced snowboarder that just likes to ride as much as possible, my usual group of guys just don't seem to want to ride that much anymore and I find myself going alone about half of the time. (Which gets a little old) now I've probably had about 35-40 days on the mountain between Loon, Sunday River and Sugarloaf. I try to take some pow turns at the loaf when they get the snow but, I've mostly been at Loon this year. I live in southern Maine so if you're tryin to connect just let me know!
I live at the loaf and love shredding with other great riders. I love to film with my go pro series ups and i Definitely know all the sick spots.

·
Registered
307 Posts
i'd honestly suggest making friends ON the hill - locals / regulars, and taking runs together when and as the mood suits you.

i've done the whole "hey you go riding there? let's go together next time" a lot, and it's seen:
*yes you are a gorgeous Russian girl, but you're holding me back and now i'm stuck in the car with your shitty entitled attitude
*hey man, turns out this was a bad idea - you're trying to max out on overcrowded saturdays because that's kinda the only time you get on the hill, precisely the time that i back right off and just have a play [hard riding is for empty weekdays at my local hill]
*getting to the hill and because you're unfamiliar with their habits, they've insisted that it's a "ride together" day, and you have the misfortune of finding out that the first thing they need to do on a bluebird day with amazing groomed that won't last more than an hour, is......... grab a coffee, muffin, and then take a dump [on their $150 day pass]
*etc

it's not inherently bad to arrange to meet up with local people and make a day of it on the hill, but just be wary of the shit that might be involved, that'll leave you feeling underwhelmed.

·
Registered
598 Posts
i'd honestly suggest making friends ON the hill - locals / regulars, and taking runs together when and as the mood suits you.

i've done the whole "hey you go riding there? let's go together next time" a lot, and it's seen:

*yes you are a gorgeous Russian girl, but you're holding me back and now i'm stuck in the car with your shitty entitled attitude

*hey man, turns out this was a bad idea - you're trying to max out on overcrowded saturdays because that's kinda the only time you get on the hill, precisely the time that i back right off and just have a play [hard riding is for empty weekdays at my local hill]

*getting to the hill and because you're unfamiliar with their habits, they've insisted that it's a "ride together" day, and you have the misfortune of finding out that the first thing they need to do on a bluebird day with amazing groomed that won't last more than an hour, is......... grab a coffee, muffin, and then take a dump [on their $150 day pass]

*etc

it's not inherently bad to arrange to meet up with local people and make a day of it on the hill, but just be wary of the shit that might be involved, that'll leave you feeling underwhelmed.

And there it is again, reeling it’s ugly head. The ever present and truly annoying morning dump during fresh track time.

·
Registered
8,114 Posts

*etc

Can't say that I've ever had this experience...but maybe I'm that guy :embarrased1: Or perhaps I have lower expectations. And if it does happen, its like see ya at lunch or at the car. I don't mind giving tourist a bit of a show around, especially in the afternoon when I'm rather tired.

Hot russian gal...she was the one jamming for another hot lap.
Over crowded...well don't go where the line up is...plenty of other gnarls to ride and if you don't know where...follow me.
Well do yer dump, coffee and muffin...call me when yer ready.

As for the locals...the decorum is keep up and if you can't, well have fun and see ya at the tap room when its time to go home.

Well the only time it has happened was with my eldest son...he was so pissed that the rest of the family wouldn't slow up...he hasn't ridden with us for years.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts