Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

First post here. Was looking for adding a new board in my quiver: short board with deep sidecut, wide-ish WW and narrow-ish stance width.

I've come down to a few choices:
1. Skeleton key
2. Stun gun
3. Mind Expander

Although I'd like to get all of them, that wouldn't go well with my GF.
Have anyone tried all of these? How would you rate them? Getting very interested in stun gun's profile but haven't seen a lot of reviews.
Also, I would spend 80% of the time on powder and 20% on groomers with it so the big rocker of ME is concerning to me. I do see a lot of videos with folks carving with ME but I want some real-world experience.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Have you seen Moss Snowsticks, it's pretty much the first that pops into mind from your description? Besides that, the boards you picked from Burton are pretty similar, and will be really good on groomers. Mind Expander will carve ok as long as the snow isn't too hard, and will probably beat the others for you in fresh powder. Some like the cambered tails for slashing turns too, so hard to say. If you already have cambered boards, grab the rocker I'd say.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Almost all of my boards have some sort of camber in between so yes I'm eager but also afraid of trying something like mind expander. I've had terrible experience with flying V in the past.
Moss is over the budget but yes both Moss and Gentemstick would be perfect for my case. Thining about getting one of them cheap next time I'm in Japan.

·
Registered
6,257 Posts
If I was riding powder 80% of the time on a board I wouldn't care what the groomer performance was like
Ding, ding, ding!!!!!

We have a winner.

Who gives a rats ass how the groomer performance is haha.

TT

1 - 6 of 6 Posts