Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So yeah, just looking for some snowboarding films/movies that are just about enjoying the snowboarding life, and not all about competition.

Any help is appreciated, cheers.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
what snowboard films are about competition?

maybe I don't watch much...

any sort of big mountain/backcountry film get me stoked...which i feel like is most of them, but hey - im not really that deep into the scene

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
what snowboard films are about competition?

maybe I don't watch much...

any sort of big mountain/backcountry film get me stoked...which i feel like is most of them, but hey - im not really that deep into the scene
Neither am I, maybe I've just been unlucky with what I've watched so far, haha. What are some of your favourite films (about backcountry/big mountain)?

All the Car Danchi films are pretty inspring for me, at least.
Car Danchi +++++++++++
Thanks for that, they are pretty cool :)

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
So yeah, just looking for some snowboarding films/movies that are just about enjoying the snowboarding life, and not all about competition.

Any help is appreciated, cheers.

Jeremy Jones "Deeper" and "Further"
"First Descent"
"That's it That's all"
" It's always snowing somewhere"
"Neverland"
"Ready"
"Tve12lve" (?)

·
Registered
254 Posts
91 Words for Snow is all about the different types of snowboarding
In Short is from the same people (Blank Paper - David Benedek and Christoph Weber) and is a collection of short films about snowboarding. The section on camping in Alaska in particular is great.

I like these in particular because films which are just big jump after big jumper after big jump (or whatever bit of boarding is on repeat)... bore me. I want to see the trip, the adventure, everything that goes with snowboarding. That's why I also love Deeper, Further, That's It That's All and Art of Flight as mentioned already (and which you probably already know!)

·
Registered
254 Posts
Oh, and both Lines and Let It Ride: The Craig Kelly Story would be right up your alley too - the former a history of big mountain snowboarding, the latter the history of snowboarding through the prism of Craig Kelly's life/a doc on Craig Kelly.

Another good one would be First Descent - the history of snowboarding interspersed with 3 generations of snowboarders hitting up AK.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I like these in particular because films which are just big jump after big jumper after big jump (or whatever bit of boarding is on repeat)... bore me. I want to see the trip, the adventure, everything that goes with snowboarding. That's why I also love Deeper, Further, That's It That's All and Art of Flight as mentioned already (and which you probably already know!)
I agree, man, I want to see the whole experience, repetitiveness is boring. Cheers :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts