Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Looking for some "soul" snowboarding films

Tags
film movie soul
2K views 16 replies 14 participants last post by  super-rad 
#1 ·
So yeah, just looking for some snowboarding films/movies that are just about enjoying the snowboarding life, and not all about competition.

Any help is appreciated, cheers.

#8 ·
Jeremy Jones "Deeper" and "Further"
"First Descent"
"That's it That's all"
" It's always snowing somewhere"
"Neverland"
"Ready"
"Tve12lve" (?)

#13 · (Edited)
91 Words for Snow is all about the different types of snowboarding
In Short is from the same people (Blank Paper - David Benedek and Christoph Weber) and is a collection of short films about snowboarding. The section on camping in Alaska in particular is great.

I like these in particular because films which are just big jump after big jumper after big jump (or whatever bit of boarding is on repeat)... bore me. I want to see the trip, the adventure, everything that goes with snowboarding. That's why I also love Deeper, Further, That's It That's All and Art of Flight as mentioned already (and which you probably already know!)

#15 ·
I like these in particular because films which are just big jump after big jumper after big jump (or whatever bit of boarding is on repeat)... bore me. I want to see the trip, the adventure, everything that goes with snowboarding. That's why I also love Deeper, Further, That's It That's All and Art of Flight as mentioned already (and which you probably already know!)
I agree, man, I want to see the whole experience, repetitiveness is boring. Cheers :)

#14 · (Edited)
Oh, and both Lines and Let It Ride: The Craig Kelly Story would be right up your alley too - the former a history of big mountain snowboarding, the latter the history of snowboarding through the prism of Craig Kelly's life/a doc on Craig Kelly.

Another good one would be First Descent - the history of snowboarding interspersed with 3 generations of snowboarders hitting up AK.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.