Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am a fairly big guy (5'8" 275 lbs) and I'm looking to upgrade my ride. For the past five years I have been riding a Burton Se7en 162 and I'm looking to upgrade. I was thinking about picking up a 159 GNU Park Pickle. I wear a size 12 boot and I am concerned about toe drag and how much difference the 3cm will make. Is this a good/bad choice for a person my size?

·
Registered
391 Posts
I am a fairly big guy (5'8" 275 lbs) and I'm looking to upgrade my ride. For the past five years I have been riding a Burton Se7en 162 and I'm looking to upgrade. I was thinking about picking up a 159 GNU Park Pickle. I wear a size 12 boot and I am concerned about toe drag and how much difference the 3cm will make. Is this a good/bad choice for a person my size?
i imagine you are looking for a fun park board. if i were you i'd look for something in the 157-8 range but make sure it is stiff as hell, otherwise you will probably end up riding a noodle. the GNU Danny Kass 158 is also a true freestyle board and similar in shape to the Park Pickle but stiffer. i wear size 12 boots and had no issues with toe drag on the Danny Kass. I hear that the Never Summer boards are even stiffer than the Danny Kass so you might be better off looking at their range...

S

·
0 Posts
3cm can make a big difference but it's better to try before finally buying it.

B

·
0 Posts
i just got a pickle, a 156, and im 5' 4". Is this thing way too big for me or no. (i ride park and powder.)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts