Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying desperately to price this snowboard and coming up with nothing!! It’s luxury brand by Mervin and I think they were sold from 1992-1997. I know it’s not in great shape but if anyone has any info whatsoever on this or how much it might be or not be worth I would seriously appreciate it! Reddit is just being mean about the whole thing.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Some luxury boards may be collectable and worth something to someone?? That board looks pretty beat up though. Google retro snowboards there're a couple sites where people are looking for specific old boards.

Sent from my SM-A015T1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don’t understand why people buy junk from the ‘90s and expect it to be worth money...
Except for a very few super early models, old boards are just old boards.
Sorry OP, you’re better off looking for stradivarius violins at garage sales.
Well I didn’t buy it. It was given to me like 15 years ago. I’ve also never snowboarded a day in my life or bought a board. I simply asked how much it might be or not be worth. I’m cleaning my shed and wanted to make sure I wasn’t throwing anything away of value. Never once did I suggest it was worth anything. What I don’t understand is why people post on forums making all kinds of assumptions instead of actually reading the post and digesting what’s really being asked before answering like a rude prick.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Well I didn’t buy it. It was given to me like 15 years ago. I’ve also never snowboarded a day in my life or bought a board. I simply asked how much it might be or not be worth. I’m cleaning my shed and wanted to make sure I wasn’t throwing anything away of value. Never once did I suggest it was worth anything. What I don’t understand is why people post on forums making all kinds of assumptions instead of actually reading the post and digesting what’s really being asked before answering like a rude prick.
Yeah, you assume I’m a rude prick. Sure.
The thing is, we have about 1-2 guys a week that come around here asking for the value of old boards like that. Everybody thinks the old board they found at goodwill is their golden ticket.
Old stuff is old stuff, that’s all.
You didn’t state the board was given to you (but that doesn’t change anything anyways), so yes I assumed you had bought it cheap and were hoping it was worth something, like everybody else that comes around here with pics of stuff that belongs in the garbage.
I didn’t intend on insulting you or being rude, while I did make a statement about old boards in general, I was actually going for « slightly funny » with my violin part.
Now, as to why people on the internet interpret everything as offensive and prickly/dickly/rude, I can only assume people jump to conclusions based on how they would react, but it is again an assumption so...

Plus, I did answer your question (which is why you came here) so you’re welcome mr. Hippy.

·
Premium Member
2,704 Posts
Trying desperately to price this snowboard and coming up with nothing!!
That's because that's what it's worth!

I never even knew Luxury was made by Mervin. I really wanted a Luxury back in like 92 because they had a progressive shape with the blunted tips, and the 2 color topsheet was minimal and cool. That board just looks like all the other garbage boards of the later 90s. Even if it was a valuable board it wouldn't be holding much of it anymore.

But yeah showing up and calling people pricks on post #2 because you are also making assumptions about other peoples assumptions when of course we are going to mentally fill in some blanks on the limited info you gave us in the first place is really cool of you man. Welcome to the forum...Now go find the butt hurt subreddit or something.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Welcome to the forum new member! Hope that you arent here just to ask a price for a old snowboard. Let's see your new gear and I want to hear those snowboard stories!

·
Registered
Flow Fuse-GT, Burton Cartels, Nitro Team TLS, Weston Backwoods, Burton Supermodel, '03 Burton Custom
1,639 Posts
Could be used for a bench....

·
Registered
471 Posts
So let's point the OP in the right direction instead of being a butthole that won't help.
Luxury boards aren't that sod after and yours is in pretty rough shape, especially the delaming tail.
About that its worth is better to ask here instead.
And yes I collect old garbage boards for lulz.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Unless there is a signature of a well-known artist somewhere in your luxury, then it will have some value.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I don’t understand why people buy junk from the ‘90s and expect it to be worth money...
Except for a very few super early models, old boards are just old boards.
Sorry OP, you’re better off looking for stradivarius violins at garage sales.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah, you assume I’m a rude prick. Sure.
The thing is, we have about 1-2 guys a week that come around here asking for the value of old boards like that. Everybody thinks the old board they found at goodwill is their golden ticket.
Old stuff is old stuff, that’s all.
You didn’t state the board was given to you (but that doesn’t change anything anyways), so yes I assumed you had bought it cheap and were hoping it was worth something, like everybody else that comes around here with pics of stuff that belongs in the garbage.
I didn’t intend on insulting you or being rude, while I did make a statement about old boards in general, I was actually going for « slightly funny » with my violin part.
Now, as to why people on the internet interpret everything as offensive and prickly/dickly/rude, I can only assume people jump to conclusions based on how they would react, but it is again an assumption so...

Plus, I did answer your question (which is why you came here) so you’re welcome mr. Hippy.
Mr? Dear lord bro, I’m a girl lol. So even THAT assumption is incorrect. Hence why I know nothing. Hence why these forums exist!! I never ever said anything about purchasing this board so you did make a bunch of assumptions without knowledge on ANYTHING. Considering I know not one single thing about snowboarding I thought i would make sure I wasn’t throwing away anything of value before I tossed it out. Just cause someone is asking if something they own is of value doesn’t mean they are assuming it is. Or assuming they’re gonna get rich off it. It’s been laying around almost 2 decades, I literally said I am trying to figure out what (IF ANYTHING) it’s worth. Nothing you stated was remotely humorous.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Mr? Dear lord bro, I’m a girl lol. So even THAT assumption is incorrect. Hence why I know nothing. Hence why these forums exist!! I never ever said anything about purchasing this board so you did make a bunch of assumptions without knowledge on ANYTHING. Considering I know not one single thing about snowboarding I thought i would make sure I wasn’t throwing away anything of value before I tossed it out. Just cause someone is asking if something they own is of value doesn’t mean they are assuming it is. Or assuming they’re gonna get rich off it. It’s been laying around almost 2 decades, I literally said I am trying to figure out what (IF ANYTHING) it’s worth. Nothing you stated was remotely humorous.
Welcome to the forum new member! Hope that you arent here just to ask a price for a old snowboard. Let's see your new gear and I want to hear those snowboard stories!
Huh?? Obviously that’s why I am here. That was the question. Duh 🙄! Why would you even ask that after I’ve said a thousand times I know nothing about snowboards or snowboarding and have never been a day in my life. So what are you even doing here?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
That's because that's what it's worth!

I never even knew Luxury was made by Mervin. I really wanted a Luxury back in like 92 because they had a progressive shape with the blunted tips, and the 2 color topsheet was minimal and cool. That board just looks like all the other garbage boards of the later 90s. Even if it was a valuable board it wouldn't be holding much of it anymore.

But yeah showing up and calling people pricks on post #2 because you are also making assumptions about other peoples assumptions when of course we are going to mentally fill in some blanks on the limited info you gave us in the first place is really cool of you man. Welcome to the forum...Now go find the butt hurt subreddit or something.
Nah bro, you got it ALL wrong. I’m calling them pricks for the way they’re laughing at me and saying childish shit. Get it right cause I’m not the one being the dick. I’m the one reacting to the dick. I’m not gonna sit here and get ripped apart and told how stupid I am for not noticing clear garbage when I’ve said enough fuckin times I know nothing about this shit! What adult makes fun of someone for not having knowledge on a certain topic? Especially one that’s asking for help. That is fucked up.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.