Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that Bear and Mt High are closed, I'm looking to go up to Mammoth. But I don't wanna go if its going to be crap like these last few weeks in socal with 60F degrees and wet sticky slush by 1pm. Also are there any small kicker runs still in mammoth? I don't wanna go all the way out to Mammoth if the only kickers left are those bigger ones...

·
Registered
22 Posts
...not the specific info you were looking for, but i saw this a few minutes ago and thought it might help you:

Snow Report Review for Mammoth Mountain Ski Area

Not to threadjack, but does anyone know what the davison guest house is like? Easy to book this time of year? Relatively clean and livable? I work for an airline, so I'm planning to make a few long weekend trips out there before memorial day if I can. I usually won't know for sure if I can make it until just a couple of days before-hand...

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Now that Bear and Mt High are closed, I'm looking to go up to Mammoth. But I don't wanna go if its going to be crap like these last few weeks in socal with 60F degrees and wet sticky slush by 1pm. Also are there any small kicker runs still in mammoth? I don't wanna go all the way out to Mammoth if the only kickers left are those bigger ones...
Slushy when I went, and I imagine still slushy this weekend.

Some parts of the mountain are covered well so those are good bets. It's Mammoth, literally.

·
Registered
14 Posts
How bad are the conditions at mammoth mountain? We booked a trip there a few months back so cannot change the date. We'll be there january 15th through the 19th.

Been following onthesnow.com and mammoth site but was looking for some more info. Liftopia has tickets on sale for 3 days but wondering if 3 will be worth it or just get the single day tickets there.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
From what I've seen it's not pretty. There are top to bottom runs with full coverage but it isn't epic by any means.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Check out the mammoth forums. They have a current conditions thread that gets updated pretty regularly. Sorry to be a buzzkill, but from all reports it sounds pretty shitty, and as of now there's no real storm predicted between now and the time you're there.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thanks for the tip. I did not know they had a forum on their own site.

·
Registered
14 Posts
From the mammoth forum looks like they moved most of the snow guns to the park and half pipe area. They are preparing for the U.S. snowboard team.

2014 Sprint U.S. Grand Prix

Must be why they cut down how much of the terrain was open from 1200 acres to 600 on Monday.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts