Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
forecast looks to be 9-12" of pow falling tuesday to tuesday evening..

I am headed up Tuesday after work. Leaving Burbank/Pasadena area around 8pm. Return to LA Thursday afternoon...

Anyone up for a carpool? I have AWD and we can split gas.

There's room at my condo-share $40 a night if you need a place to stay.

Or if anyone is gonna be up there anyway and wanna make some turns....PM me

:)

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Damn. It's a platinum powder alert too (high snow to water ratios).

Too bad I already scheduled a trust signing on Wednesday. I'd love to go!

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Damn. It's a platinum powder alert too (high snow to water ratios).

Too bad I already scheduled a trust signing on Wednesday. I'd love to go!

yup. Wedensday looks to be THE day. Probably be empty too, it will be locals, retired people and me. Gawd I love weekday pow..... :D

Am I an evil person for laughing at the irony of it dumping the day AFTER presidents day?! Good, I hope so!

cancel your whatever it is and come with!

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
yup. Wedensday looks to be THE day. Probably be empty too, it will be locals, retired people and me. Gawd I love weekday pow..... :D

Am I an evil person for laughing at the irony of it dumping the day AFTER presidents day?! Good, I hope so!

cancel your whatever it is and come with!
I wish I could. My buddy scored some free tickets through his work, so we do plan on storm chasing to Mammoth soon. Can you believe I've never been? Been to Denver, Tahoe, Seattle. But no Mammoth. And I've had free tickets the past two years.

But yeah, I've delayed my client a few times now. Wednesday is the day. I cannot push it. Plus, I do actually have plans for Vegas this weekend, with a short jaunt to Brian Head after their storms this week. So hopefully I'll taste some champagne powder ... even if it's a dinky mountain.

I shall conquer Mammoth soon enough. If only Southwest would start flying there :laugh:

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Looks like Mammy is getting a foot or more Wednesday. Thursday looks to be the day ... but if I go it probably won't be until Friday.:laugh:

Anyone going?

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Looks like Mammy is getting a foot or more Wednesday. Thursday looks to be the day ... but if I go it probably won't be until Friday.:laugh:

Anyone going?
Depends on if I am working or not..I have no idea if Im working next week.

I think I am working tuesday for sure. I'll find out on monday if I have to work the rest of the week. Ahhh Love being a daily hire employee! ...If I am not working I'll be going up tuesday night and coming home friday morning.

I don't do weekends at resorts.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
I don't mind crowds too much. I've done Breck on the weekend and Northstar. Northstar was a shit show at the bottom. Stevens Pass on a Saturday.

It doesn't bother me too much.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't mind crowds too much. I've done Breck on the weekend and Northstar. Northstar was a shit show at the bottom. Stevens Pass on a Saturday.

It doesn't bother me too much.
I don't like waiting in lines and I don't like crowds. I sort of hate people lol.

If I have to wait in line more then 5-10 minutes I just start wishing I was at home instead. It's even worse now that i live with my bf! I want to be home all the time :unsure:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts