Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So in early december I purchased a Marhar Liftem off of their website. I got a chance to ride it for the first time. The conditions were fine, snow was nothing special but not crappy either, flat light but whatever.

The board is soft, but not a noodle. Its similar in flex to a lobster parkboard but maybe a tad bit stiffer.

The ARC sidecut or however they spell it is awesome, its similar to frostbite edges or griptech or name your extra contact point tech, its done a little differently then those brands but it works really well.

The board has good pop and despite being a flat profile doesnt feel dead underfoot.

The sideways rocker is very minimal, its both hard to see and hard to feel, it is there however and if you ever rode an echelon or TBT board or the new rossignol roller tech it is similar, I think its more subtle than any of those though. I spent the entire day in the park and never got hung up on a rail or any terrain.

Anyhow I really like the board and would recommend it to others, havnt ridden anything else from Marhar but this is definitely a good park board.

·
Registered
12 Posts
thanks for the review! I'm really interested in the Liftem and the sideways rocker. Any updates on it? Glad to hear the sideways rocker is minimal. Is it easy to lock in on rails or does it have a lose squirrelly feel to it?

·
Premium Member
1,471 Posts
Congratulations on the new board.
I am a big marhar fan.

I have the 15 throwback, and i concur the arc side cut does it's job really well. was just running it down some ice coast trails where there was plenty of ice, with a tiny bit of snow mixed in, and edge hold was really good.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the review! I'm really interested in the Liftem and the sideways rocker. Any updates on it? Glad to hear the sideways rocker is minimal. Is it easy to lock in on rails or does it have a lose squirrelly feel to it?
I have ridden it a few more days, I plan on taking it out tomorrow. I find that the flex of the board lets it lock onto rails pretty well. Since its soft if your wieght is on either side of the rail it bends onto it nicely.

I dont feel as comfortable at speed on it as I do on the Solomon assassin but that should be obvious.

Not really a fan of riding it off piste in less than optimal conditions, you really feel all the little nonsense.

Overall if you are looking for a park board that you dont really plan to use on moguls and bad terrain its a good get.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts