Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Hi i want to go to Mayrhofen in austria but its a long way to drive for has anyone been?

Is it worth going?
Mayrhofen was the first place I went to in Austria and it blew me and my friends away. We haven't been back to France as a group since. We hardly ever go to the same place twice but Mayrhofen comes up every year for serious consideration.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Haven't been all the way down to Mayrhofen, but within the same valley (Zillertal) and closer to the main road linking Innsbruck and Kufstein, I can strongly recommend Hochfügen and Zillertal Arena.
The whole area is packed with high-quality resorts. Just need to be aware of the bad traffic along the valley's road on weekend days...

·
Registered
339 Posts
It's good. It's Wolle Nyvelt and Werni Stock's home mountain, probably some others too. There is a very good park and plenty of freeride terrain if you know where to look. Hintertux glacier is 20 mins on the bus up to the end of the valley. The town is down in the valley and is a big dancing on the table in ski boots party place. That said, if you are driving from the UK then you pass a lot of good spots on the way.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts