1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening/morning/afternoon depending on where abouts we are

I have a question regarding an injury

I took quite a bad fall over a jump 2 weeks back
Didnt feel 2 much pain initially but the next morning my knee had swollen and was tight to move

I went to the hospital and was told u had a massive swelling on my knee but wasnt told 2 much more
I rested the whole week and managed to get the swelling 80% gone
But I had pain in the inside part of my knee and was tender to touch
Last Monday I went to a physio and was told I had grade 1 injured my MCL..... no tears or excessive play in my knee cap
And was told that once the swelling had dropped I can start with sports again

My question is to anyone on the forum who has grade 1 injury to there MCL ( I can imagine there is a few)

How long did I take for you to start riding again
As I want to go tomoz lol ahhaha

I have a full range if motion and the swelling has gone

It's a little sore but nothing I cant cope with

The knee doesn't feel unstable and I'm fine walking on it

But like I've mentioned it's still a little sore but not always
And it's not enough to cause me any concern

I was going to ride with a brace for a few weeks just until it's back to full strength

What's everyone experiences with the same Injury

I understand not everyone or every injury is the same but I had some ideas of what everyone else was doing i will help me justify riding tomorrow lol Haha

Any replies would be nice

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
It's a grade one. You're fine, just ride.

I've torn both of mine. Hurt like hell, but I was back riding within two weeks with both of them.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a grade one. You're fine, just ride.

I've torn both of mine. Hurt like hell, but I was back riding within two weeks with both of them.
Yeh was told it was grade 1 and there was no play in my knee cap or leg

It's getting better

Didnt wanna make it worse that's all lol hahaha

Cheers for that mate

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
Yeah, I was told not to ride for 4-6 weeks but after 2 it felt alright enough to cruise. I just took it easy for another couple of weeks and didn't do stupid stuff.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I was told not to ride for 4-6 weeks but after 2 it felt alright enough to cruise. I just took it easy for another couple of weeks and didn't do stupid stuff.
That's exactly my plan mate just have a steady few weeks

Many thanks

·
Registered
60 Posts
1. Consider investing in a decent knee brace for the first few weeks of the season. I actually used one on my weaker knee all season last year:

2. LOTS of really good online PT resources for rehabbing an injury such as this. I'd recommend checking out Dr Wesley Wang on instagram.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1. Consider investing in a decent knee brace for the first few weeks of the season. I actually used one on my weaker knee all season last year:

2. LOTS of really good online PT resources for rehabbing an injury such as this. I'd recommend checking out Dr Wesley Wang on instagram.
Believe it or not that's the exact knee brace I have lol hahah I've been riding today used my brace

Awesome bit of kit and to be fair I forgot I had it on

And apart from some aching which is to be expected all went well (touch wood)

·
Registered
12,290 Posts
I ruptured my MCL and was back riding in a week, and then did a whole season with a minor nagging pain and a small slip on knee brace to help give it some support. I've also used that brace Zirkel recommended, good for helping you get confident but not something you want to continue using if you can build the muscle back up around the knee.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I ruptured my MCL and was back riding in a week, and then did a whole season with a minor nagging pain and a small slip on knee brace to help give it some support. I've also used that brace Zirkel recommended, good for helping you get confident but not something you want to continue using if you can build the muscle back up around the knee.
That's I mate I only had a little pain nothing bad at all I could cope with it.... the biggest thing like u say is getting confidence back.... I'm going to ride with it on a few weeks then try a weekend without it..... I only use it when boarding so hopefully my knee and leg will start to build some muscle memory back up

1 - 9 of 9 Posts