Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In addition to my previous post for board suggestions... with 11.5 flow hylite boots, would a board with a 255 waist be okay?

In looking at the lib tech hot knife which I was leaning towards it the 158 has a 25.5cm waist.

Not sure if I would have toe drag or not...

·
Premium Member
3,554 Posts
Most bindings lift the boot high enough off the board that you should have enough clearance with a 25.5cm. And any bindings that fit a 11.5 should fit a 25.5 waist regardless of radius. But I wouldn't go less than that.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Most bindings lift the boot high enough off the board that you should have enough clearance with a 25.5cm. And any bindings that fit a 11.5 should fit a 25.5 waist regardless of radius. But I wouldn't go less than that.
Good to know, thanks.

It's interesting, a 25.5cm seems to be in the mid width range, where 26.5cm is wide. The difference is very small, 1cm. Which means the board is half a cm wider on each of the toe and heel sides, or less than a quarter of an inch.

Hard to conceive that with everything else going on that can be the difference between toe dragging or not!

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
You'll fit fine on it. I'd ride it with my size 13's and be fine. Try not to overthink it. ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts