Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Im having massive withdrawal symptoms from snowboarding, so I've ended up reading loads of posts on here to just get some sort of fix lol. In the end i thought why not join up!

Its a great forum, loads of good advance. Id still call myself a beginner/inter.

I had a few lessons in Ski Dubai when on vacation, and in the UK indoor centers (where im from) but that was about it, none of my friends wanted to join in. So i took my brother who is 10 years younger than me, at the time he was 11, and his first lesson resulted in a sprained wrist, he said "i never want to do this again"

So many years passed, i moved jobs again and 1 year later found myself in Bulgaria with 2 of the guys i worked with, we had lessons throughout the week, but it was EPIC, and from there on I was hooked! This was in Feb 2012 so only last year when i really started boarding.

Since then I rode indoor last summer, did some freestyle camp days in the UK. Also convinced my brother to take lessons again and ride indoor in the summer with me.

Then Dec 2012 we headed out to an Onyx Camp in Portes du Solei (Stayed in Avoriaz). My brothers first time on the mountain, my second, but we had lessons as part of the camp throughout the week. It was a pretty tough time for my brother as everyone else was alot more advance, he took some pretty hard falls, but kept going. A great week all in all.

1 months later me and my brother were back in PDS! Soo hooked we did 3 days, but lost a day to our missing luggage :(. Anyhow we got so luckly with the 2 days we were able to board, powder and then bluebird. It was awesome. Being able to go back and everything we had learnt in the first week in December just came together. We spend 2 days just doing tree runs!

Thinking that was it, another month and half later, we were back in PDS on another Onyx Camp, this time we were in the advanced group lol. Again more lessons and great fun riding! My brother is now faster, and more controlled than me, the kid that was once scared and said "im never doing this again" is now flying, i get worried and say hey slow down. lol.

We love it, we did a freestyle day indoor in May, I have a few private lessons to sort out my 180's, Nose Slides and just progress before next season starts.

So im sure i will be on here a fair bit just getting my fix lol. I've even started ordering more gear, Nike Vapen's will replace my Burton Moto's, and Burton Cartels will replace Burton Freestyle bindings, but im keeping my Ride DH 2.6 as it seems a nice all rounder, its a 152, so struggles in deep stuff, but im still learning so its probably me than the tech.

I just gotta keep getting my fix indoor until December!

Jay

·
Registered
352 Posts
welcome to the site. i think we are all missing the snow. i hate seeing resorts from Argentina and shit post pics of huge dumps. nice riding by the way.

·
Veteran Member
11,555 Posts
Personally I love the stoke coming from the southern hemisphere. It is not their fault I am not there, plus it allows me to dream and plan.

Not too mention, our turn is not that far off. It is coming soon.

Welcome.

·
Moving to the dark side...
1,428 Posts
Personally I love the stoke coming from the southern hemisphere. It is not their fault I am not there, plus it allows me to dream and plan.

Not too mention, our turn is not that far off. It is coming soon.

Welcome.
And the North get it better... ;) Hehe

·
Registered
5 Posts
NZ is going alright...had some new snow last night but it had been pretty warm before that!! Doesn't compare to NH seasons though....

btw - Hi all, new here!

·
Registered
814 Posts
NZ is going alright...had some new snow last night but it had been pretty warm before that!! Doesn't compare to NH seasons though....

btw - Hi all, new here!
Wait... WHAT!? New Zealand doesn't compare to NH!? :blink: I'm from Alton, NH living in UT and I find this statement very questionable.

·
Registered
814 Posts
haha that'd make more sense.. not New Hampshire. I rode in Patagonia and I have to say the snow was GREAT! so maybe it's a bad season or maybe NZ doesn't compare to patagonia?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey Guys!

I got a weekend fix, i got my 13ft trampoline, and stake board, took the wheels off, strapped my trainers to it an was able to pratice my front & back side 180s, adding in grabs, nose, tail grabs, and methods.

Then late Saturday night my friend confirmed there was a spot available on his freestyle camp indoor, so after 4 hours sleep i went down and got my fix.

Was awesome day, finally landing 180's constantly and in control, and doing front/back nose slides.

Chuffed, got my fix, but 1 year into boarding and i totally addicted to this shit.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts