Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey,
I have a DC Ply(Nicole).And looking for a binding that can handle mostly park.My hill has more jibs than jumps but i also want to progress myself at jumps.When i ride grooms i do some butters and i also ride pow.I need good tweak.Some response and really good shock absorbtion.Which one is better?I'm a intermidate rider.Not bad not too good.So Cobrashark,Mission or Contact or Force?

P.S.Does the mission have adjustable toe ramp?
P.S.S:Do the Missions are noticebly stiffer and heavier than Contacts?

·
Registered
9,299 Posts
I wouldn't worry about weight.

The Mission is really just a binding that's there. It won't get in your way but it's not phenomenal.

I'm curious how the redesign of the Force will stack up. From what my issues with the binding were before and what I've seen from the redesign from your four options I'd have to say the Force. But that's all speculative at this point.

Some bindings I KNOW would match well, K2 Formula, Salomon District, Flow Fuse SE, or Flux TT30's.

·
Banned
1,966 Posts
Hey,
I have a DC Ply(Nicole).And looking for a binding that can handle mostly park.My hill has more jibs than jumps but i also want to progress myself at jumps.When i ride grooms i do some butters and i also ride pow.I need good tweak.Some response and really good shock absorbtion.Which one is better?I'm a intermidate rider.Not bad not too good.So Cobrashark,Mission or Contact or Force?

P.S.Does the mission have adjustable toe ramp?
P.S.S:Do the Missions are noticebly stiffer and heavier than Contacts?
Out of the ones listed I would say go with the Mission - more responsive than the Contacts and Cobrashark which you will appreciate for jumps, but more flexy than the Force for jibs. And yes, they have an adjustable toe ramp.
As Kevin said, weight is completely negligible - Missions might actually be lighter, but you would never notice riding.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I've used the Union Contact for years on my Lib-Tech Skate Banana with zero issues at all. I've hit jibs with it, jump lines, and even rode in pow too. Very minimalist binding. My only issue with em is that the screws on both the base plates and the ankle straps constantly get loose. I've fixed it a bunch of time with blue lock tite, by letting it dry on the threads before installing the screws again. Still I like the contacts a lot. I've ridden the Force too and use them for my all mountain rig, Lib Tech TRS. I'd go with the contacts over the missions due to the minimalist base plate. Less contact to the top sheet lets the board flex better. Not to mention union is bomb proof.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts