Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm Looking at getting some new bindings, and at the moment Now Pilots seems like the best bindings for what i am looking for. But there is an exception, im not a huge fan of the straps, and was wondering if a strap swap is possible, and if it is, which brands i could swap them with and how figure it out, so it would be possible to do myself in the future?

Right now i have and eye on the Arbor Hemlock straps and the Burton straps, would they fit the bindings?

I have tried to do my research with google, but i can't seem to find anything useful unfurtunatley

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks good!
Did you have to do any modifications to the tooth straps or was it just unscrewing and swapping?

·
Destroying Worlds Since 2015
6,802 Posts
I have Now Pilots, and I like everything about them except the toe strap which slips off my boots constantly. I ordered the toe caps from the Recon, and I think that'll work a lot better.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Burtons work. Size down on strap size... I’m in medium NOWs with small Burton Hammock straps. The NOW heel cup sits higher, so the straps don’t need to be as long. I’m at the top of the size range for a medium too (10-10.5).

I have Now Pilots, and I like everything about them except the toe strap which slips off my boots constantly. I ordered the toe caps from the Recon, and I think that'll work a lot better.
Swap them and mount them upside down. They work much better. I ultimately swapped both my Pilot and Drove toe straps for Burton as well... NOW straps are garbage. Had a lot of issues with ratchets going floppy, stitching coming undone, etc.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I just swapped them, no mod. Those are Malavita straps but I 'm going to put Cartels or my Genesis X on it. I only have med straps and they work. If your buying new then maybe smalls like Kimchijajonshim said

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have a pair of now pilots with burton genesis ankle straps and Nitro vibram toe straps. Can’t get any better IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
454 Posts
I just swapped them, no mod. Those are Malavita straps but I 'm going to put Cartels or my Genesis X on it. I only have med straps and they work. If your buying new then maybe smalls like Kimchijajonshim said
I rode medium Hammockstraps for a couple seasons. They work, but a buddy who also swapped out his NOW straps noticed that Burtons are naturally shorter than the stock NOW straps. He lent me a setup and going a size down is vastly superior. I still have a few sets of medium hammock straps and may just sell the lot of them or swap them for smalls.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Oh bummer, now I might need to get small straps or jus ride the Now straps. Now I have some decisions to make about my Now bindings, thanks for now brown cow

1 - 13 of 13 Posts