Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 20 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I measured my feet and I’m size 26 mondo. Which is size 8 men’s US? I wear a size 10 boot now. Does this mean I’m really supposed to fit in a size 8?! That seems insane to me. I feel like I’d be lucky to fit in a size 9...have I really been wearing my boots this oversized for all these years? The boots I’m looking at now are Burton Photons by the way...

·
Registered
762 Posts
In not so many words, yes.

I wear size 9 boots. A few years ago I was wearing 12s until I learnt how boots are supposed to fit.

That being said, depending on how many days a year you ride, I feel having the "optimum" fit may not be necessary.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In not so many words, yes.

I wear size 9 boots. A few years ago I was wearing 12s until I learnt how boots are supposed to fit.

That being said, depending on how many days a year you ride, I feel having the "optimum" fit may not be necessary.
my mind is kinda blown by this ? .... I ride like 50+ days a season

·
Premium Member
2,661 Posts
So I measured my feet and I’m size 26 mondo. Which is size 8 men’s US? I wear a size 10 boot now. Does this mean I’m really supposed to fit in a size 8?! That seems insane to me. I feel like I’d be lucky to fit in a size 9...have I really been wearing my boots this oversized for all these years? The boots I’m looking at now are Burton Photons by the way...
Maybe your feet are also wide. I have compensated with extra length to get the comfy width. With wide boots you don't need to do that anymore. Also measure across the widest part of your foot and you'll find you width with a letter designation. If you PM Wiredsport or if he happens to see this he'll help you out I'm sure.

But I hear you, it's impossible to think you'll fit in some boots, but when they pack out you'll be wishing you went down at least half a size or more. That is if they fit your foot shape cause sometimes they just will never feel good.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Maybe your feet are also wide. I have compensated with extra length to get the comfy width. With wide boots you don't need to do that anymore. Also measure across the widest part of your foot and you'll find you width with a letter designation. If you PM Wiredsport or if he happens to see this he'll help you out I'm sure.

But I hear you, it's impossible to think you'll fit in some boots, but when they pack out you'll be wishing you went down at least half a size or more. That is if they fit your foot shape cause sometimes they just will never feel good.
10cm considered wide with a 26 mondo?

·
Registered
87 Posts
You won’t fit because you haven’t found the right mould. Fuck burton if it doesn’t fit you. Go try out everything else out there. You’d be amazed how foot pain issues goes away by sizing down to your right size than sizing up to what the shop keeper is trying to sell you

·
Premium Member
5,855 Posts
Hi Jkb,

Yes, 10 cm is an EE width at your size. This is 2 width sizes wider than a "standard" D width. Wide feet are a very common reason why riders end up in boots that are too long. While no brand currently produces boots specificaly for EE width, Burton does produce the Ruler Wide and the Photon Wide which are both designed for EEE width. Those will be excellent choices for you in Mondopoint 260 or size 8 US in snowboard boots. This will have a very positive effect on your riding!

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Jkb,

Yes, 10 cm is an EE width at your size. This is 2 width sizes wider than a "standard" D width. Wide feet are a very common reason why riders end up in boots that are too long. While no brand currently produces boots specificaly for EE width, Burton does produce the Ruler Wide and the Photon Wide which are both designed for EEE width. Those will be excellent choices for you in Mondopoint 260 or size 8 US in snowboard boots. This will have a very positive effect on your riding!

That’s pretty wild! I’m going from a size 10 to a size 8 wide huh? Very curious to try and see how they feel. Such a huge departure from what I’ve been riding for the last 2 decades.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I was riding size 7.5 boots (burton 2008), dropped down to size 6 last year after measuring & wiresports help. I don't know how I snowboarded so long without the right size - probably just thick socks, jbars, and cranking down bindings

·
The Swiss Miss
7,607 Posts
I was riding size 7.5 boots (burton 2008), dropped down to size 6 last year after measuring & wiresports help. I don't know how I snowboarded so long without the right size - probably just thick socks, jbars, and cranking down bindings
Right, lol, me too. Byebye cranking and heel lift; welcome blood circulation.

Wide feet here, too. Just one size for me, tho, but I remember how I couldn't believe neither that I could ever fit into smaller boots n argued with Wired that no, I couldn't... well... I could. And glad I did.

OP, you're in good company :)

(I bet, Wired will open a bottle and have a satisfied drink and smile when he reads this thread)

Reactions: Wiredsport

·
Premium Member
5,855 Posts
That’s pretty wild! I’m going from a size 10 to a size 8 wide huh? Very curious to try and see how they feel. Such a huge departure from what I’ve been riding for the last 2 decades.
Yes, but not just any Wide model. Most Wide models (there are very few) will not fit EE width.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes, but not just any Wide model. Most Wide models (there are very few) will not fit EE width.
Yeah i already had my eyes on Photons which is convenient. Actually already had bought a pair that are sitting brand new in the box. Those are size 10 though. I just happened to get feedback from another member when i was asking about board size recommendations that I might want to rethink my boot size. Which led me down this rabbit hole of learning more about this topic and being open minded to the fact that maybe i've been buying the wrong size boots for a long, long, long time. :laugh2:

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ordered a pair of size 8 and 8.5 photons in wide today. Figured might as well get a 8.5 just in case...i'll report back with my findings. measured my feet again just to make sure and i'm def 26 X 10 cm. Which according to you guys is a size 8 in wide. not the size 10s i've been wearing since i was like 17 years old...i'm 40 now!

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
ok so i'm wearing the boots right now...what is a good way to know for sure that i'm not buying boots that will kill me? i will say that at the moment the right boot feels more snug than i'm used but doesnt really hurt. the left one is not really feeling so good. maybe i didnt measure the left foot properly. UPDATE: i never cancelled the 8.5 Wide Photon order and trying those on now too. Left foot feels better but still pretty snug. open to suggestions and guidance!

·
Registered
762 Posts
If you stand in your snowboard stance with your knees bent and ankles flexed as if you're riding, it should give you a more accurate feel.

If you stand stiff legged your toes should touch the liner but when in snowboard stance it should only barely graze the liner.

If that's the case, once your boot breaks in, I dont think you'll have any issues with comfort.

Also, make sure your boots are properly tightened. If you wear them loose because you think itll give you a more comfortable fit, you'll regret it big time. You'll get hammer toes because your loose boots aren't holding your foot properly and itll be painful.

1 - 20 of 129 Posts