Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

41 - 60 of 118 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,776 Posts
Hi Oea,

26.9 cm is Mondopoint 270 or size 9 in snowboard boots, 27.3 cm is Mondopoint 275 or size 9.5 US in snowboard boots. 10 cm is E width which requires a wide boot at these sizes. The suggested boot would be the Salomon Dialogue Wide or Synapse Wide in size size 9.5 as those are both designed for E width. Going too large in the step-on boots is problematic because there are some common discomfort points with those boots and they are worse with any foot motion. This also gets worse as the boots pack in and become roomier. Your smaller foot is a full Mondo size smaller that your boot.

STOKED!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Oea,

26.9 cm is Mondopoint 270 or size 9 in snowboard boots, 27.3 cm is Mondopoint 275 or size 9.5 US in snowboard boots. 10 cm is E width which requires a wide boot at these sizes. The suggested boot would be the Salomon Dialogue Wide or Synapse Wide in size size 9.5 as those are both designed for E width. Going too large in the step-on boots is problematic because there are some common discomfort points with those boots and they are worse with any foot motion. This also gets worse as the boots pack in and become roomier. Your smaller foot is a full Mondo size smaller that your boot.

STOKED!
Would those Solomon boots be compatible with the burton step on bindings or would I have to buy a new setup?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Would those Solomon boots be compatible with the burton step on bindings or would I have to buy a new setup?
Hi Oea,

STOKED!
actually from my quick search it looks like those boots would not work with step on. Would you not suggest going down a size and wide in the Burton’s? Think I’ll continue to have problems with their product?

·
Premium Member
5,776 Posts
They are not. Burton's Wide boots are EEE width so those are not a strong option. The Salomon boots would be my top suggestion should you find the current Burton boots too uncomfortable. Going down a half size in standard width will not answer the width issue which will likely make that toe issue worse.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I'm a bit late here but I'd take sizing of any form with a grain of salt, because fit can always be different from boot to boot. I'm supposed to be a size 7 if I use my Mondo size. Yet I can barely push my foot into any 7.5 boots without losing a foot to circulation problems. So I usually go for 8s. 24.5cm is my Mondo length last I measured, but 8 on a Brannock device. I dunno

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
I'm a bit late here but I'd take sizing of any form with a grain of salt, because fit can always be different from boot to boot. I'm supposed to be a size 7 if I use my Mondo size. Yet I can barely push my foot into any 7.5 boots without losing a foot to circulation problems. So I usually go for 8s. 24.5cm is my Mondo length last I measured, but 8 on a Brannock device. I dunno
Have you measured the width? I'm guessing your feet are wide and that's the reason you can't get into your mondo size.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
My feet are slightly wide. But I mean my toes curl way too uncomfortably in 7.5s that I've tried on, I couldn't imagine 7.
You see I've been reading these forums for 12+ years now and have seen literally hundreds of riders come through and one way or another end up in their mondo size (myself included). The biggest hurdle, and I'm not saying there aren't many others, seems to be acceptance. Maybe you're special? I really don't know. Maybe you need to try some wides?

·
Registered
206 Posts
I'm definitely not special and want a 7.5 pair, but at this point if I return my brand new unworn 8s and order a smaller pair I'm losing even more time in an already shitty season. I don't know how much a boot will pack out beforehand and some barely do at all apparently (I've read that about the Infuse and tm-3 for example). And once heat molded you can't really return a pair. I found the perfect boot for my heel so far, but I can't get a 7.5 for at least a couple weeks unless I want to pay $40 shipping

·
Premium Member
5,776 Posts
Hi Rayz,

Thanks for posting. It is really critical that we get your length and width measurements for each foot. We can definitely get you into the correct size but it does take those 4 pieces of info. I can tell that this has caused you some irritation so it is worth taking a bit of time to get this right. Please post images of all 4 barefoot measurements being taken.

STOKED!

Please measure your feet using this method:

Kick your heel (barefoot please, no socks) back against a wall. Mark the floor exactly at the tip of your toe (the one that sticks out furthest - which toe this is will vary by rider). Measure from the mark on the floor to the wall. That is your foot length and is the only measurement that you will want to use. Measure in centimeters if possible, but if not, take inches and multiply by 2.54 (example: an 11.25 inch foot x 2.54 = 28.57 centimeters). For width please place the inside (medial side) of your foot against a wall. Please then measure from the wall out to the widest point on the lateral (outside) of your foot.

·
Registered
27 Posts
28x10.5. Hopefully the size 10.5 ThirtyTwo's I just bought fit. I rode 6 seasons on the last size 11 ThirtyTwo's.

·
Premium Member
5,776 Posts
Hi,

28 cm is Mondopoint 280 or size 10 US in snowboard boots. 10.5 cm is E width. My top suggestion for these specs is the Salomon Dialogue Wide or Salomon Synapse Wide in size 10. Both are designed for E width.

STOKED!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Thanks, I know my mondo size. I'm just irked it doesn't correlate to a Brannock device sizing, because that's the most common size measuring device in the US. Yeah it's old, but if you're not educated about it you think the size is the same. A size 8 in snowboard boots isn't the same length as 8 Brannock :/

·
Registered
206 Posts
Guys I need quick help. I tried on the 8 TM-2s. Awful heel hold without additional bars put in. In store it was fine but this pair sucks for whatever reason. My toes are curling at the ends. All of my toes that is, definitely touching the end of the boot and curling, so this is why I mean Mondo sizing does not always work. The Vans Infuse have much better heel hold in 8s, and I think my toes are touching the ends and curling a tiny bit, but not sure. Should I go for 7.5 in Infuse?

edit:
screw it, pulled the trigger on 7.5 Infuse. I think it will work great!

But yeah I am pissed about the 32's.
The TM-2's in shop were 8.5 laced, amazing heel hold. The ones I bought were 8 double boa. The boa might contribute to the worse heel hold, but I can't really tell. I'm also really bothered by the fact that all my toes touched the end of the boot painfully uncomfortably, even with knees bent, despite my mondo size being one full size smaller than an 8. The Infuse at 8 felt a little curled but it felt like my toes were touching a soft tip compared to the hardness my toes touched in the TM-2s, so I think I felt the Liner end in the Infuse that would pack out further, while the TM-2's shell was constricting my foot permanently.

The final thing that sucks about this situation is that I really wanted to love the TM-2's. The build quality is so much higher than the Infuse. The Infuse models I checked out all had wobbly uneven soles, which surely isn't a big deal, but stuff wasn't even glued on straight or stitched straight. Liner velcro inside also didn't line up and lock in one pair. But man the heel hold is so much better and the liner is the most comfortable I've ever felt in a boot. I guess comfort and fit is more important than any other little things that won't make a real performance difference. Oh and the TM-2's are super light, which I was hyped about for getting into park hard this season. I feel like the stiffness and heaviness of the Infuse are going to really restrict me with learning a bunch of buttering.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Thanks, I know my mondo size. I'm just irked it doesn't correlate to a Brannock device sizing, because that's the most common size measuring device in the US. Yeah it's old, but if you're not educated about it you think the size is the same. A size 8 in snowboard boots isn't the same length as 8 Brannock :/
It's not really like that. A Brannock device is for measuring shoes, & shoes are designed to be comfortable from day one & not touch the ends of your toes. Snowboard boots aren't shoes, they're a piece of sporting equipment. They're not designed to be comfortable from day one, they're designed to fully support your foot & prevent it moving for the long-term. It simply isn't possible to do that & also be comfortable on day one at a reasonable cost.

Guys I need quick help. I tried on the 8 TM-2s. Awful heel hold without additional bars put in. In store it was fine but this pair sucks for whatever reason. My toes are curling at the ends. All of my toes that is, definitely touching the end of the boot and curling, so this is why I mean Mondo sizing does not always work.

The TM-2's in shop were 8.5 laced, amazing heel hold. The ones I bought were 8 double boa. The boa might contribute to the worse heel hold, but I can't really tell. I'm also really bothered by the fact that all my toes touched the end of the boot painfully uncomfortably, even with knees bent, despite my mondo size being one full size smaller than an 8.
I suspect what's happening there is your heel was fully seated in the heel pocket in the 8.5s, due to them being too big so mimicking a fully broken in liner. With a stiff liner, your heel may not have been able to seat fully back in the 8's without heat-molding. That will give the impression of bad heel-hold, & put too much pressure on your toes as your foot's too far forward in the boot.

But to be honest you're just throwing away money until you measure your foot width. When people go for boots 2-2.5 sizes bigger than Mondo as you have been, it's often simply because they have wide feet that won't fit in a standard width boot's toe-box.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
28x10.5. Hopefully the size 10.5 ThirtyTwo's I just bought fit. I rode 6 seasons on the last size 11 ThirtyTwo's.
The 3XD's you bought have a significantly stiffer liner than your TM2's. It's going to feel totally different, especially in a smaller size. Be warned that you're likely going to have to mold them if you want a shot in hell of them feeling okay out of the box. Luckily the liners can't really pack out all that much due to their construction so it shouldn't really reduce their life.

·
Registered
206 Posts
It's not really like that. A Brannock device is for measuring shoes, & shoes are designed to be comfortable from day one & not touch the ends of your toes. Snowboard boots aren't shoes, they're a piece of sporting equipment. They're not designed to be comfortable from day one, they're designed to fully support your foot & prevent it moving for the long-term. It simply isn't possible to do that & also be comfortable on day one at a reasonable cost.

I suspect what's happening there is your heel was fully seated in the heel pocket in the 8.5s, due to them being too big so mimicking a fully broken in liner. With a stiff liner, your heel may not have been able to seat fully back in the 8's without heat-molding. That will give the impression of bad heel-hold, & put too much pressure on your toes as your foot's too far forward in the boot.

But to be honest you're just throwing away money until you measure your foot width. When people go for boots 2-2.5 sizes bigger than Mondo as you have been, it's often simply because they have wide feet that won't fit in a standard width boot's toe-box.
Ahh, never thought of those explanations. Overall I think the Infuse 7.5 will be fine since I had tried it and and I thought it was super tight, and with a ton of heel hold immediately. The 32 build quality and weight was amazing, but it's definitely less comfortable and I cannot find any sizes below 8 anywhere.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Ahh, never thought of those explanations. Overall I think the Infuse 7.5 will be fine since I had tried it and and I thought it was super tight, and with a ton of heel hold immediately. The 32 build quality and weight was amazing, but it's definitely less comfortable and I cannot find any sizes below 8 anywhere.
Like I said above, you really have to break in the liners on the 32's you have or get them heat molded. Even so, they sometimes fit smaller than other models like the TM2's. I'm pretty sure I've seen that some folks have to size up a half size.

Out of curiosity, what did you think of the 32 sizing vs the vans? The 32's ended up being too big for you? Asking because I have a set of TM3's in 8 and ordered a set of vans infuse in the same size lol. I should maybe have ordered the vans in size 7.5 as well but read that they fit true to size.

41 - 60 of 118 Posts