Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

61 - 80 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi,

28 cm is Mondopoint 280 or size 10 US in snowboard boots. 10.5 cm is E width. My top suggestion for these specs is the Salomon Dialogue Wide or Salomon Synapse Wide in size 10. Both are designed for E width.

STOKED!
I literally just got mine in today! The saloman dialogue wides fit PERFECT! They are snug around the foot but not to the point where I feel my toes are suffocating like they have the past few season wearing rentals. I can't believe how accurate you were on sizing lol With that in mind, lets move on to my wifes foot now cause I can't just let her wear those rentals now that i've seen the light. Her feet size comes in at 9.3 inches long and 3.6 inches wide on her right foot. On her left food, we got 9.5 inches long and 3.5 inches wide. Thank you in advance and I'll have her write you a review as well when she's off work!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Like I said above, you really have to break in the liners on the 32's you have or get them heat molded. Even so, they sometimes fit smaller than other models like the TM2's. I'm pretty sure I've seen that some folks have to size up a half size.

Out of curiosity, what did you think of the 32 sizing vs the vans? The 32's ended up being too big for you? Asking because I have a set of TM3's in 8 and ordered a set of vans infuse in the same size lol. I should maybe have ordered the vans in size 7.5 as well but read that they fit true to size.
Yeah I don't usually like to heat mold because I have OCD related ticks and would move my feet around internally too much, and also I feel like it can potentially make the liner too loose because it's not broken in naturally.

The 32's felt small in a size 8 for me, but it could totally be because the heel is pushing my toes to the tip of the boot. No real way to tell. Initially though, the Infuse has a thousand times more comfort and better fit. I read Vans also don't pack out as much, so I think a 7.5 will be perfect for me while also keeping the heel hold. The 8 had some lift while walking about and my toes were a little cramped but comfortably cramped. If the 7.5 is somewhat uncomfortably cramped, maybe that will be perfect lol. I am worried I should have gone for 7s though because my mondo is 24.8. But the 7.5 Vans I tried on a couple weeks ago were pretty damn tight and I can't see myself even successfully stuffing my foot in anything smaller.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Yeah I don't usually like to heat mold because I have OCD related ticks and would move my feet around internally too much, and also I feel like it can potentially make the liner too loose because it's not broken in naturally.

The 32's felt small in a size 8 for me, but it could totally be because the heel is pushing my toes to the tip of the boot. No real way to tell. Initially though, the Infuse has a thousand times more comfort and better fit. I read Vans also don't pack out as much, so I think a 7.5 will be perfect for me while also keeping the heel hold. The 8 had some lift while walking about and my toes were a little cramped but comfortably cramped. If the 7.5 is somewhat uncomfortably cramped, maybe that will be perfect lol. I am worried I should have gone for 7s though because my mondo is 24.8. But the 7.5 Vans I tried on a couple weeks ago were pretty damn tight and I can't see myself even successfully stuffing my foot in anything smaller.
Pull out the liner for the 32's you got and compare it to the vans. It's nothing like most liners. I'm pretty certain the vans will pack out way more than the 32's just because of the liner. You're still thinking about the TM2's which do not use the same liner as your new 32's.

Depending on how crazy you want to get with things for the verse you could size down to the 7's and get heel lifts to pull your toes back a tiny bit and possibly help get your ankle locked into the ankle pocket a bit better as well. That's a super aggressive fit though (looking at you @WigMar) and its not something I really have much intention of doing. If the 8's had lift, your feet were likely sliding forwards and crunching your toes.

Fit is the most important thing for the boots for sure. If the vans fit you better, that's all there is to it.

And just for reference, I measured my mondopoint at 25.8 and fit in the TM3's in a size 8 with the same liner as your 3XD's. I also ordered the size 8 verse to try on and will try those this weekend when they get here. I also ordered and tried on a set of ride lasso's in size 8 which seemed to fit well and had good heel hold.

If you find that your feet are too cramped in a size 8 boot, you may be underestimating the width of your feet.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi,

28 cm is Mondopoint 280 or size 10 US in snowboard boots. 10.5 cm is E width. My top suggestion for these specs is the Salomon Dialogue Wide or Salomon Synapse Wide in size 10. Both are designed for E width.

STOKED!
I measured my feet and was 27.75 cm in each foot in length and about 10.6cm wide and @Wiredsport made this same exact suggestion to me. I was very hesitant cause I've worn 10.5's at the park rental store and they fucked my toes up HARD and were slightly small. Then here I was being suggested a 9.5 and I couldn't seem to believe it at all. It just seemed completely unrealistic that my foot would fit inside it. Today I got my Saloman Dialogue Wides, put on the same socks as I did last season, and I can't begin to explain to you the difference I felt even though it was a half size smaller than I would've picked for myself. The width completely expands the toe area for you so that your toe is still hitting the tip but without pain. I can see how wearing these might break them in a little bigger which may make them not as perfectly snug but that's a chance i'm willing to take because I got these on sale. I was way too fearful to buy a 9.5 but going a full size smaller than what you would expect definitely won't be too small if wired suggests it now that I know myself. I personally got the 10. I was extremely hesitant and thought that maybe my foot was different. I was wrong, this guy clearly knows his shit when it comes to snowboard boots fit. The wides were a serious game changer.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Pull out the liner for the 32's you got and compare it to the vans. It's nothing like most liners. I'm pretty certain the vans will pack out way more than the 32's just because of the liner. You're still thinking about the TM2's which do not use the same liner as your new 32's.

Depending on how crazy you want to get with things for the verse you could size down to the 7's and get heel lifts to pull your toes back a tiny bit and possibly help get your ankle locked into the ankle pocket a bit better as well. That's a super aggressive fit though (looking at you @WigMar) and its not something I really have much intention of doing. If the 8's had lift, your feet were likely sliding forwards and crunching your toes.

Fit is the most important thing for the boots for sure. If the vans fit you better, that's all there is to it.

And just for reference, I measured my mondopoint at 25.8 and fit in the TM3's in a size 8 with the same liner as your 3XD's. I also ordered the size 8 verse to try on and will try those this weekend when they get here. I also ordered and tried on a set of ride lasso's in size 8 which seemed to fit well and had good heel hold.

If you find that your feet are too cramped in a size 8 boot, you may be underestimating the width of your feet.
What, my new 32s ARE the TM-2's

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
I feel like it can potentially make the liner too loose because it's not broken in naturally.
Boot liners are designed to be heat molded. Heat molding actually moves EVA around from areas of high pressure to low pressure areas. It is not the same as riding a boot to break it in, because that just compresses the EVA instead of shifting it around. More aggressive liners must be heat fit- it is mandatory. They are too shapeless otherwise. As @ridethecliche pointed out, a heat mold can get your heel to finally sit in the pocket. I don't think you have to be totally still when you're heat molding. It's not an instant process.

Many of us have slowly crept down to smaller boot sizes. I didn't just end up in tiny boots with heel lifts overnight. I wish I had taken a shorter journey to get me to where I am, but I'm happy to be here with my aggressive performance fit.

·
Premium Member
5,776 Posts
I literally just got mine in today! The saloman dialogue wides fit PERFECT! They are snug around the foot but not to the point where I feel my toes are suffocating like they have the past few season wearing rentals. I can't believe how accurate you were on sizing lol With that in mind, lets move on to my wifes foot now cause I can't just let her wear those rentals now that i've seen the light. Her feet size comes in at 9.3 inches long and 3.6 inches wide on her right foot. On her left food, we got 9.5 inches long and 3.5 inches wide. Thank you in advance and I'll have her write you a review as well when she's off work!
Hi Jelly,

She is Mondopoint 245 which is a womens size 7.5 (or a men's 6.5). Her foot is D width which is wider than a standard B for women's boots. Smaller women's boots are trick because there is way more variability in sizing. She may find enough width in some women women's models to accommodate her width. Most will not. If she is unable to find a women's boot that works, men's boots in size 6.5 are an option. Men's standard with boots are D width.

STOKED!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi Jelly,

She is Mondopoint 245 which is a womens size 7.5 (or a men's 6.5). Her foot is D width which is wider than a standard B for women's boots. Smaller women's boots are trick because there is way more variability in sizing. She may find enough width in some women women's models to accommodate her width. Most will not. If she is unable to find a women's boot that works, men's boots in size 6.5 are an option. Men's standard with boots are D width.

STOKED!

@Wiredsport This is very tough. I can't find mens boots in 6.5 and can't find any website that states the width of their shoes either for women. If you have any suggestions throw them my way, otherwise we may have to settle with getting a mens 7.

·
Registered
282 Posts
@Wiredsport This is very tough. I can't find mens boots in 6.5 and can't find any website that states the width of their shoes either for women. If you have any suggestions throw them my way, otherwise we may have to settle with getting a mens 7.
@neni recommended DC Mora for women with wide feet. My girlfriend is a UK5.5 D width & that's what she'll be getting next time round.

·
The Swiss Miss
7,529 Posts
@neni recommended DC Mora for women with wide feet. My girlfriend is a UK5.5 D width & that's what she'll be getting next time round.
Or check men's Deeluxe boots.

I usually cannot wear men's boots (get calve bite from the high boot leg), but could wear Deeluxe XV fine, as an other female friend can. However, I don't know if the XV specifically has a boot leg which works for women, too, or if all of Deeluxe men's boots are designed that way, but maybe some of their resort boots are suitable. Worth a check. (XV is a backcountry boot. Not really for resort riding)

·
Registered
206 Posts
Rode the 7.5 Infuse today. Snug fit, right foot perfectly locked down, left foot has a lot of lift. I tightened them lightly and it helped but still not great. Then my feet when numb and lost circulation. I rode the rest of the day with no lacing basically. I just tied it extremely loose, laces basically doing nothing, boa barely touched, liner harness not even tightened. Yeah my foot was numb.
So basically I need a size 7 boot to lock down my heels, but I can't even wear an untied 7.5 without losing blood flow

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Bootfit my friend, bootfit. I feel like finding the proper size and shape of boot is the only the first step. Then comes the process of making those boots fit your foot perfectly. I hasn't ever been my experience that I can buy a boot and just go wear it. People who can do that must have a more generic foot shape or something. With new boots, I'm always coming home and breaking out the foam, razor knife and heat gun. I've got at least 40 days on my boots right now, and I just tweaked the liners again as they got packed out. They continue to fit my feet perfectly because I force them to. I'd recommend a heat mold if you haven't gone there yet. Move that EVA from the areas that are cutting off your circulation and down into the areas that are loose. If you have already had them heat molded, you can hit the hot spots with a heat gun and get them out of your way. Also, are you on the stock insoles? Finding an insole with less volume would probably free up some blood flow as well.

·
Registered
206 Posts
This has happened with every single boot I've owned, 3 pairs at this point :/, and I feel the 8s I used to own wasn't really tightened down too much. The Infuse is super cushy and soft, not as stiff as it seems, so I can't see where the circulation is being cut off. I wish this boot was for me because it's easily the most comfortable liner I've felt. Though I'll say the customizability is a bit of BS. The power strap acts as a tight top lace, which is great, but all the calf lacing below that seems to not matter then. The tongue stiffeners also barely made a difference to me.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Out of the box boots are going to be 'good enough' for the most part. If you're having a little bit of heel lift, there are lots of mods you can do to work with that. Going forward I expect to be doing this with every set of boots I own either right away or after they break in over a few days.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Noticeable heel lift right out the gate is a pretty bad sign though, particularly because my other foot is fine, so I think the left boot just wasn't as snug at first and will only break in to be worse. I don't really want to modify anything in these boots because the heel wrap stitched on the liner already pinches my ankle super tight.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Noticeable heel lift right out the gate is a pretty bad sign though, particularly because my other foot is fine, so I think the left boot just wasn't as snug at first and will only break in to be worse. I don't really want to modify anything in these boots because the heel wrap stitched on the liner already pinches my ankle super tight.
Except that this suggests that your feet are very different and you will likely have to make modifications regardless. So you might be able to find something that works halfway for both and modify from there, but IMHO having one foot feel totally different is a sign that bootfit might be even more challenging off the rack.

61 - 80 of 118 Posts