Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anything there that's a MUST to do, or should I just ride a half day that last day I'm there and head back to the airport? Anyone know if the underground city is directly linked to the airport; maybe I could turn in my car and scope the city my last day if there's stuff worthwhile to see. thanks

·
Registered
157 Posts
Yah MTL is pretty legit.

Depends on what you're into really. There is old montreal which is pretty cool, st. Catherines street is always fun too.

Where are you coming from?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Northern VA-Metro DC area, Headed up on Dec 20th, getting a car and staying near Tremblant 3nts, then fly home Dec23rd about 715pm I think it is.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Northern VA-Metro DC area, Headed up on Dec 20th, getting a car and staying near Tremblant 3nts, then fly home Dec23rd about 715pm I think it is.
Tremblant is a party for sure but it's going to be packed tighter than a bull's arse.. that's a weekend and right in the middle of X-Mas break.

Jay Peak is best in the area, I usually hit Orford where my buddy has a condo. Tremblant is more of a tourist hill with big lines

The last last weekend I went there we got lift passes for Fri/Saturday and Friday was awesome above 1/2 way point, bottom was glare ice. Saturday we came out of the chalet ready to hit the gondola and were met with a line of 4-6 people deep for at least 1/2 a km.. we said fuck it and went to St. Sauveur.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Snap, thats weak. How's Mont Blanc? Im staying right in the middle of the 2 sorta but I'm open to the other hills too, seeing the cost of the ticket at Tremblant isn't really cheap...

·
Registered
157 Posts
Mont Blanc is the next best hill in my opinion North of MTL.. and would have less lines for sure. (I also like Sauveur, although it's shorter, they've got alot of good runs, we had passes there last year too)

Tremblant is awesome sometimes, and you might be able to get away with a friday, but the weekend will be insanely busy.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
I recommend that you do the first tracks program at Tremblant your last day.

You pay an extra 10 bucks and you get on the hill an hour early, ride till it gets busy then you can head to montreal in time to get your flight.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok cool man sounds good, maybe I'll try to hit it up for a half-day and see whats up. How about the city itself, is it possible to drop my car back off at the airport and check my bag early in the morning say or midday, then go scope the city a few hours via train?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Ok cool man sounds good, maybe I'll try to hit it up for a half-day and see whats up. How about the city itself, is it possible to drop my car back off at the airport and check my bag early in the morning say or midday, then go scope the city a few hours via train?
Yah they've got a good metro system. Lamps is right about the first tracks, definitely worth it. I usually have a hard time getting that early up after friday night though haha

·
Registered
148 Posts
As far as I'm aware, you'd have to take bus + metro to get into the city. The airport isn't actually in Montreal, it's in the 'burbs in Laval. The cab ride to downtown is $40 flat.

Welcome to Montréal-Trudeau

Welcome to Montréal-Trudeau

those links have some good info that should help you. If you like beer there's a few good microbrews down St. Catherine / Crescent St (Brewtopia)

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ah I see, sweet I'll check those links. I did look at the metro map and it looks like there's a line {purple maybe?} that went from the airport further into the system but I wasn't sure and couldn't make much of the graphic.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts